• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Based on the scene around the spoiler[toilet, could we also guess that Sawa is not only starving herself, but also making herself throw up. it shows that she is really at risk, that bump on her head probably won't help.]

I sympathies with the not knowing what to do after school bit, I spent quite a while just hoping someone could tell me what I should do.

I wonder what the plan is, and what are "road blocks"? It is apparently enough to affect the spoiler[principal's retirement.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
It's nice that Wakana now officially decided to be an active member of the choir club.
White Festival preparations were fun to watch.
They sure had some pretty interesting ideas.
Sawa and her horse racing dream were put in front of a serious obstacle.
Her dieting could be potentially dangerous.. if she overdoes it.
Looks like the negative side showed it's ugly face at the worse possible time.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote
cool everyone is singing in the ED now. just to make sure, but the order is Wakana, Sawa, Konatsu, then the boys, right?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I teared up a couple times here, the idea of spoiler[her trying so hard to fight for her dream and be told she can't is so heartbreaking, and her father seems to be suffering from it too. And parts like where Sawa went off at those girls for being arrogant, and when Konatsu and Wakana talked to the vice-principal were also strong.]

I liked that Wien spoiler[was trying to press the emergency button, stating that it was an emergency. And the horse riding was also nice way to get there.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
There goes Sawa's dream...
Equestrian school, huh?
Her dad wasn't helping with all the negative talk.
spoiler[She needs to face the facts and find a new dream or a variation of the old one.
Now even their club lost a place to practice.]

Things really aren't going well..
That vice principal sure is making them jump through hoops!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 8

Sawa had some growing up to do, so she did it. With a bit of help from her friends. It came full circle, seeing how dependent Miyamoto was on Sawa circa Episode 2.

I didn't know Shinto monks could send people to Hell. Dang I'll have to watch my step.

Very, very nice anime.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this ep made me say outloud "PA Works has done it again!"

Sometimes things are just impossible no matter how hard you try. When Sawa first said her dream my first thought was how doomed it is since jockies are tiny for a reason, but then thought maybe there were other horse related sports normal sized people can participate in. Though I suppose none of them are actual professions.

It's kinda funny that Konatsu is actually perfect jockey material.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
When Sawa first said her dream my first thought was how doomed it is since jockies are tiny for a reason, but then thought maybe there were other horse related sports normal

I don't know the field at all, but I have a hard time imagining ANY Japanese girl being too heavy to be a jockey unless she is outright obese. (It does happen these days sadly due to the imported western diet.)

Does Japan have a different standard for jockeys? Note that Sawa whispered the number to her mom so it doesn't show up in the Tari Tari script.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Jockeys must weigh under 118 lbs, but around 110 is much more preferable. Considering that Sawa is listed at 55 kg, that is about 121 lbs. I imagine that the riding school has a more strict minimum weight requirement for trainees because the bodies for the new riders will likely not be fully grown yet.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Jockeys must weigh under 118 lbs, but around 110 is much more preferable. Considering that Sawa is listed at 55 kg, that is about 121 lbs. I imagine that the riding school has a more strict minimum weight requirement for trainees because the bodies for the new riders will likely not be fully grown yet.

Yeah, which is why they also asked about the height of her parents.

Well, dieting wouldn't do Sawa much good anyways, since most of her extra weight are in those lovely assets of her's Laughing
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I did a little marathon for episode 5-8. It made me cry. I like Wakana's development and her realistic relationship with her awesome father. I loved that they used that song as an ED in episode 6. spoiler[Sawa's] problem is a difficult one. Normally, shows present problems/dreams that are either achievable or the character magically gets new skills/great luck, but I'm not sure spoiler[Sawa will be able to live her dream] - the shows seems to spoiler[imply she won't succeed].
The touches of comedy are nice as well.

@EmbraceMe: It's more about the members indeed, but they do practice every episode and show our formation singing some times. This made me think about K-ON... where they made absolutely no progress at all in the first episodes: (spoiler[Yui couldn't even play an instrument and didn't have one either Very Happy]). It seems like they'll perform some more next episodes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Did we ever find out what was the deal with the song they sang earlier in the series that the Vice Principal did not want them to use? As it seems that this episode implied spoiler[that the song had some personal attachment to it.] It looks like Wien (or whatever his name is, he is pretty much an Osaka here) is going to have a bad time or something when he spoiler[learns that the kid probably died.]

My guess is that there is some plot about spoiler[removing music or something from the school], it was bad enough that the VP spoiler[actually let the group go without looking at what she was signing.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[spoiler[White Festival preparations.
Music drama idea was not too bad.
Sawa's mom sure was clever to use them as mascots.
At least Wakana got the most out it.
The guys were really into the superhero theme.]
]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did we ever find out what was the deal with the song they sang earlier in the series that the Vice Principal did not want them to use?

I believe we're supposed to infer that Wakana's mother wrote it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I believe we're supposed to infer that Wakana's mother wrote it.

I am waiting for the dialog between Wakana and the sweet VP. Will she be any help or not?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9