• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: A Certain Magical Index Episodes 1-14 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

again this is review on ep 1-14 season one but in all honesty it's J.C. Staff what do you expect?

For people to not erroneously blame things on the animation studio?

I'm not really blaming them, all I'm saying is that it j.c. staff has to sell the product so they do have to stoop down a bit to do it with filler and other things not relevant. I love Raildex anime, I can't help that fact all I want to point out is that the ln, manga, rail gun manga are completely different from the adapts j.c. staff did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
Nice review, I'm considering re-watching Toaru Majutsu no Index sometimes in the future again. Good times, good times.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

again this is review on ep 1-14 season one but in all honesty it's J.C. Staff what do you expect?

For people to not erroneously blame things on the animation studio?

Yeah, JC Staff messes up enough things without needing the extra blame for whatever the original novelist put it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
one thing I will point out is this imouto or clone arc was in the rail-gun manga, no-where to be seen in the index LN or Manga.

Are you telling me that in late 2008/early 2009 that JC Staff was able to put in an arc from the Railgun manga that didn't start until 2009?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote

I'm not really blaming them, all I'm saying is that it j.c. staff has to sell the product so they do have to stoop down a bit to do it with filler and other things not relevant. I love Raildex anime, I can't help that fact all I want to point out is that the ln, manga, rail gun manga are completely different from the adapts j.c. staff did.

That makes absolutely no sense. The problems I have with Index can all be traced directly back to the original work.

Megiddo wrote:
one thing I will point out is this imouto or clone arc was in the rail-gun manga, no-where to be seen in the index LN or Manga.

Are you telling me that in late 2008/early 2009 that JC Staff was able to put in an arc from the Railgun manga that didn't start until 2009?

I suddenly get the idea that Cecil here has no idea what he is talking about.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

The rail-gun manga was already to that point so yeah I am, I have the rail-gun manga was already at that point since it started in 2007 and that arc was already covred

@fencedude.. welp bro I'm plastered, my central air is out and really should go to bed but my nerves are shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote

The rail-gun manga was already to that point so yeah I am, I have the rail-gun manga was already at that point since it started in 2007 and that arc was already covred

@fencedude.. welp bro I'm plastered, my central air is out and really should go to bed but my nerves are shot.

The Railgun manga didn't finish the events with Accelerator until AFTER the Railgun anime ended. Thats why those events weren't in the Railgun anime either.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote

Precisely what filler in Index are you talking about? As far as I know, all of it is from the novels, with the possible exception of the last ~2 episodes of the first season.

Also, filler isn't always bad. Case in point: Railgun. See also Kannagi and Toradora, which had one off "filler" (god I hate that word) episodes that were highly entertaining and completely in line with the rest of the show, but people who read the manga/novels pitched a fit about how terrible they were purely because they didn't exist in the original work.

Fencedude5609 wrote:

The Railgun manga didn't finish the events with Accelerator until AFTER the Railgun anime ended. Thats why those events weren't in the Railgun anime either.

Has it actually finished that arc yet?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Has it actually finished that arc yet?

Yeah, currently doing Sports Fest stuff.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote

That arc didn't finish up in the Railgun manga until chapter 39, which wasn't even serialized until early to mid 2011. You clearly have no idea what you're saying.

Volume 3 of the Index light novels deals with Misaka, her clones, and Accelerator.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
All in all, the review's basicly about the the first 14 eps not the rest of the series, and the second half will probably oblige more to nitpickers since in all honesty it dosn't quite match up to the first half.

as for railgun, I didn' finish that (maybe I will later) but I personally found the manga pretty sub-par compared to the acctual series. Its still fun because Misaka's doing something and we all wanted that, but compared to some of the stuff happening in the series I can't help but want to see something more major happen.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

okay you proved me wrong which is fine I accept it after looking it up. I could have sworn it happened earlier but that's my problem with being an drunkard. Everyone just ignore my other post in this thread.. I really need to calm down =_=
Not only do i feel like a jack-ass, I'm embarrassed as hell and willing to admit manga is not my field of expertise. If not for wiki, I really would have carried on like a dumb ass ... aye

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:11 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

as for railgun, I didn' finish that (maybe I will later) but I personally found the manga pretty sub-par compared to the acctual series. Its still fun because Misaka's doing something and we all wanted that, but compared to some of the stuff happening in the series I can't help but want to see something more major happen.

I found Railgun's smaller scale, but more personal, stories to be far more engaging.

Also, the two final battles in the Railgun anime (vs. spoiler[AIM Burst] and spoiler[Telestina (both forms)]) to be way cooler than anything Touma has ever done.

Also Index has a tragic lack of A CERTAIN ORDINARY SCHOOLGIRL
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

I found Railgun's smaller scale, but more personal, stories to be far more engaging.

Also, the two final battles in the Railgun anime (vs. spoiler[AIM Burst] and spoiler[Telestina (both forms)]) to be way cooler than anything Touma has ever done.

Also Index has a tragic lack of A CERTAIN ORDINARY SCHOOLGIRL

They're pretty much cooler because Misaka's got the powers to do more stuff than Touma, either way, its your opinion against mine which ultimatly means nothing.

And are you talking about saten? she could possibly appear here and there in the series, but IMHO its best she stays in Railgun with BiriBiri's group.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

They're pretty much cooler because Misaka's got the powers to do more stuff than Touma, either way, its your opinion against mine which ultimatly means nothing.

Its almost as if she has a versatile ability that allows her to adapt to various situations, instead of the story having to contort itself so that the enemy can always be defeated by a punch to the face!

Quote:
And are you talking about saten? she could possibly appear here and there in the series, but IMHO its best she stays in Railgun with BiriBiri's group.

I'll make you a deal, Saten stays in Railgun, Touma stays in Index.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6