• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akira Toriyama Comments on Live-Action Dragonball Film

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:

People in the thread are asking for one simple thing: A decent adaptation of the source material that will both appeal to the fans of DB and bring in new folks who haven't even heard of (or weren't born yet) DB.

As it stands, so much of the storyline has been hacked thats been hinted in the trailers alone has caused alot of worry. Of course we're gonna be mad about it.

DB was one of my first anime when I really got into it as an adult. It was a clause. I swore when I started watching anime seiously (not just parental guilty pleasure taping Power Ranger, Pokemon, YuGiOh & Cardcaptors fro my daughter) that I waould never watch mecha (that went down swiftly with M.S.Nadesico), fighting stuff like DBZ(then I discovered it was a freaking soap opera, NOT a stupid martial arts title. Obari's sexy characters also aided & abeted my watching fighting titles) & Eva (I have watched the old movie & a couple dvds, & I still am holding out hating Eva.) One out of 3 ain't bad, right?

So I had fun reading DB/Z & same watcing the anime.
After DBGT, I'm willing to give this movie a fair shake. Nothing can be as bad as Vegeta with a moustache.
fastandman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
"Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!"

where is the perverted Master Sohi? where is the pig? where is Yamsha? where is krilin? Goku never says " i don't think i can do this" this movie is going to suck. and when did bulma get pink hair?!

DrangonBall was all about the story line and jokes. DBZ was all about fighting.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
fastandman wrote:

DrangonBall was all about the story line and jokes. DBZ was all about fighting.

Unfortunately, most of the material was thrown out with the bathwater.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11