• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri♪♪ (Season 2 & 3) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:54 am Reply with quote
My fellow Yuruyuri-ites, can you help out a brutha with a bad memory? I remember there was an episode from season 1 where some of the girls are over at one of their houses and one of them (can't remember which one) is holding one of the small characters like a rag doll (Himawari's sister Kaede?) with the intent of teasing her, but the little girl starts earnestly explaining that she understands the pressures older students are under and if teasing her helps relieve the stress then it was fine by her (or something like that). Anyway, does anyone happen to remember which episode that scene is from? I'd love to re-watch it, but I'd rather not have to hunt through a bunch of eppies to find it.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
I believe it's episode 11, when they remember meeting a bully as kids, and come close to discovering it was actually spoiler[Chinatsu].

@John Hayabusa:
From now on, it's your duty to post in this thread weekly. Loved your spoilers.
Smile

Please and thank you.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
My research of googling the word "Yuru Yuri kidnap", seems to have pointed towards episode 5. There I ruined any chance of saying I did anything really complex, well using the word highlighter of either "sister", "society" or "kidnap" lead me to to separate pages, a streaming site of the fifth episode's comments, and a review of the fifth episode. This was also the episode with the first comiket.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
Thanks, gents, but it is DuskyPredator who wins the prize. The scene I had in mind is, in fact, from epsiode 5, and it starts around the 12 min. mark. Sakurako is over at Himawari's house studying and, of course, Sakurako wants Himawari to give her the answers and, of course, Himawari refuses. So Sakurako grabs Kaeda and ...

...well, hell, you should just watch the scene yourself. It's priceless.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
I love that scene, I have a picture on my computer of Sakurako holding Himawari's sister under her arm, Sakurako so proud, sister tearful. This seems to be it here: had to keep this

Also of note was that episode also had one of the other great scenes of the series. empty eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
Laughing Those are some great grabs.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
I believe it's episode 11, when they remember meeting a bully as kids, and come close to discovering it was actually spoiler[Chinatsu].

@John Hayabusa:
From now on, it's your duty to post in this thread weekly. Loved your spoilers.
Smile

Please and thank you.

Why thank you! This anime is just so yurilicious! Very Happy

Akane and Kyousuke sure are lucky to have such cute imoutos. This anime needs more Akkane~n!
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:38 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Why thank you! This anime is just so yurilicious! Very Happy

Yes indeed. Fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Waiting for all the episodes for the second season to play so I can marathon (I hate waiting when things are good).

Kyoko is mine, by the way. Lips off!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
So it is Christmas again in Yuru Yuri. Akari's daily butt-monkey'd title call gets butt-monkey'd as usual. She rides in a sled pulled by a reindeer with gifts for the fans. Sadly for her, as she is about to finish her for the like the first time, the reindeer throws the gifts off-screen. By the way, she is wearing in a Santa dress and goshdarn it, she looks absolutely cute!

Kyouko is doing another manga as the Comuket deadline approaches and asks for help from her fellow Amusement Club members Akari, Chinatsu, and Yui. Fortunately, all of them are willing to help. However, there is a certain someone that Kyouko wants to keep away from their work: you guess it, Chinatsu! Her artistic skills are so legendary, Kyouko does not need her. The manga process goes smoothly, with Akari ruining one page of it by sneezing. Yui is used with drawing manga, since she (involuntary) helps Kyouko in doing her anime/manga stuff. Kyouko and Yui manage to keep Chinatsu at bay by telling her to sing (which is depressing) do something fun (by dancing, which actually annoys Kyouko) and make tea for them (Yui even has to drink 10 cups of tea, filling up her bladder!) While it look like they succeed in completing Kyouko's work, Akari, Kyouko, and Yui have to leave to a short while and tell Chinatsu NOT to touch it. Can you guess what happen when the trio come back? Yup, Chinatsu ruins it. I am a bit surprised though. Chinatsu does not ruin it with her unique artistry; it looks like she only messes one page of it with ink. I am really, really shocked to discover that there is something that actually matters to Kyouko more than Chinatsu: her anime and manga life. I guess that Kyouko will not even let her love for Chinatsu get in the way of her anime/manga career. Chinatsu is like the Akarin of this segment (with Akari herself being the second). I think that this is the first time I have seen Kyouko in such a misery. I always wanted to see her like that.

I do not know how Kyouko manages to forget her manga being destroyed by Chinatsu, because she invites everyone, the Amusement Club and the Student Council, for a karaoke. Lots of delicious food are on the table. The names of the songs are quite... amusing. "I'd Follow You to the Depths of Hell" and "My First ***"? Yeah, go figure. Everyone gets to showcase their singing skills. Akari gets butt-monkey'd again because no one knows what song she is singing and never gets to sing for the rest of the party. Chitose is good, though I am disappointed that she does not bust out her voice to that level of Yui Hirasawa's, considering that Aki Toyosaki voices both girls. Sakurako and Himawari having a tsun-tsun duet? What about Ayano? She shows her tsun-tsunness enough to sing duet with Kyouko. Hey, Chinatsu tries sing together with Yui; but Kyouko and Sakurako spoil her chances. Even worse for her, she does get to sing with someone... and that is Kyouko. Why would Kyouko do a duet with someone who not only she love but also the one who almost destroyed her anime/manga career? Of course, her shenanigans cannot be forgetten. She tells the girls about "I'd Follow You to the Depths of Hell", a "heartfelt romantic comedy" anime that turns out to be an anime about a semi-yandere girl stalking her female crush. Another one is her mixing Yui's drink with another drink. Trying to sing and eat at the same time? Yeah, that is new. Lastly, she orders a Russian takoyaki, with one of the balls having mustard. She makes a game out of it: the one who eats the mustard one has to do something funny. Kyouko starts first and in what looks like a very bad luck, she eats the spicy ball. She gets owned by her own game as the girls notice it. For her punishment, she makes a funny face for them.

Chinatsu may not be lucky that she did not get a duet with Yui, but it appears that her day is her best yet as Yui suddenly invites her to a movie. First, the two have some lunch. Yui tells her that this is for the consolation of not getting to sing together and also her repayment for the chocolates and scarfs Chinatsu gave to her. They then go to a movie theater where Chinatsu picks a horror movie as she makes a plan of tenderly clinging onto Yui's arm and make love while watching it together. However, the movie is so scary that she tightly clings onto her instead, unconsciously throwing out the "make love" part entirely. After the movie, Yui holds her arm in agony as Chinatsu realizes that her chance has been spoiled again. Yui finds that Chinatsu almost breaking her arm off to be scarier that the movie itself. She tells her that she held her arm so tightly that her heart was racing. Chinatsu seems to realize that her plan actually worked. Yui checks her arm and sees hand-shaped bruises! The next thing they do is read some manga. Chinatsu thinks that she is getting closer to Yui than before. She sees some het couple holding hands while passing by. Chinatsu makes another realization that it is weird for two girls to be together. That is something a bit serious right there. But this is Yuru Yuri, so Chinatsu says to heck with that she needs to stay confident and they buy the books. Outside, they talk about how much fun they have today. Yui looks at her watch, saying that they are going to miss the train. She holds Chinatsu's hand and the two run together. Looking at their hands holding, Chinatsu's love for Yui grows even bigger as she hugs her in public! This continues at the train. Yui requests Chinatsu to let go of her hand but Chinatsu's new overpowering love appears to be unstoppable.

And just as I was enjoying this glorious moment, spoiler[my joy was quickly killed in a split-second by that creepy ED created by Chinatsu herself. All I can say to that is: WHAT. IN. THE. HECK?!]

Well I have learned a lot of things from this episode. One of them is how to create manga. Interesting for me, before I watched this episode, I watched Episode 18 of Heartcatch PreCure where it had the Cures and a big boy doing some manga.

What an amazing. So amazing that I had to write such a long review. This episode is pretty much about Chinatsu. spoiler[It is a shame that there is no sightings of Akane, though. But Akane is right about something: Akari does look cute hiding in her friends' shadows.]

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone spot what had to be a male character in this episode?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
Creepiest ED since that one in in Hanamaru Kindergarten. Worse since it had parts in CG. Shocked

Good episode overall, it showed some love to Chinatsu, loved the bruise.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
As usual, we start off with Aka- WHAT IN THE WORLD?! A Chinatsu-made background for the Akarin segment?! Needless to say that Akari has been emotionally scarred. Very Happy

Anyway, the juniors Akari, Chinatsu, Sakurako, and Himawari are studying together. Sakurako shamelessly makes fun of Akari and her hair buns, again. But she gets tricked by Kyouko's obviously bogus "memorization technique". I was really hoping for some panytshot when she did a handstand but a pair of shorts is fine too. Later, she forms a destined alliance with Kyouko. Himawari does not want them to become friends. I always thought that they would make an interesting couple, making all blondie girls look lazy yet energetic. Very Happy

Chinatsu foolishly hides in the closet as Akari, Kyouko, and Yui enters the room and study without her. She thinks of some ways to "come out of the closet" literally, from seemingly normal to outrageously exaggerated. Yeah, I see the joke here. I find the entire concept to be funnier than Chinatsu's silly ideas. Very Happy

Akari and Chinatsu have some sleepover. The two watch some scary movie spoiler[(the DVD that was given to Akari by our favorite siscon heroine Akane!)] and Chinatsu is having troubles sleeping. Pretty ironic if you watched last week's episode. I guess she will not stand a chance against a scary movie without her Yui-sempai. But she gets spoiler[some really unexpected guest: Chinatsu, meet Akari's perverted, creepy, siscon onee-chan Akane-chan!!! I am very surprised that she is only there to get the DVD and not to......... yeah, you know the rest. I could have sworn that Akane has found out that Chinatsu raped Akari last year. Akane could have savagely and mercilessly raped Chinatsu as a payback but it looks like with just her presence, she has scarred her for life!] Very Happy

Finally, the juniors get paired with their seniors and the results vary. Akari and Chitose have been together before, but not without Akari being trolled by this whole goshdarn anime as it will not even allow her to eat her ice cream. Surprisingly, aside from the eyecatch, not a single drop of blood from Chitose is seen anywhere. Ayano and Chinatsu? Very unusual in my opinion, as I never seen them together alone before but to be fair, they are both tsunderes. Himawari is paired with Kyouko and she actually finds her to be more matured than Sakurako. Meanwhile, Yui finds Sakurako to be even worse than Kyouko.

Next week, the seniors have some school trip and there will be some delicious hot spring fanservice. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Akari goes to sleep early right, something tells me spoiler[that this was not the first time her sister has done night visits.] We have fewer of Chintatsu drawings, I feel like they are eating my soul or something, in that regards they are like dementors. Sakurako and Kyouko are not a good pair, it would be dangerous for everyone.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Anybody else notice the ghosts happen to be shaped like a certain upperclassman Chinarin doesn't like?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
For this episode, it is all about the juniors, though the HimaSaku pair takes the cake. The seniors have a field trip. Sakurako and Himawari have a trip of their own, get lost, and are able to find a way to get home with the help of Akari.

Speaking of Akari, she gets some lone quality time with Chinatsu. Chinatsu cannot bear being without her Yui-sempai, so she decides to use Akari as a plaything. This quality time gets turned into another rape time as Chinatsu mercilessly gives Akari a full body treatment massage. Chinatsu is not only an "awesome" artist but she is also an "awesome" massager.

We get some more HimaSaku and we find out that they are actually married since childhood. They even signed a marriage certificate with some help from Sakurako's older sister Nadeshiko. We do find something about Nadeshiko: she has a girlfriend.

The seniors have a really short screen time. Nothing much interesting except they buy another two wooden swords, which the Student Council and Amusement Club already have.

Disappointingly, no sights of Akane. Chinatsu is really fortunate again that Akane was not around when she raped Akari. Akane would have gone full yandere mode and...

Next, Yuru Yuri is going a little bit serious. I wonder what that means....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10