• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gen Fukunaga Interview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Lookin' good, Steve.</internal joke>

The interview itself wasn't very enlightening; a retread of things many other people in the industry have been saying for years. "Good growth. Waiting for shoujo to be on TV. No, I'm not Australian."

... still, it's good to hear these things from the industry once in a while, to know that they're still actively thinking about everything that's going on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Lookin' good, Steve.</internal joke>

The interview itself wasn't very enlightening; a retread of things many other people in the industry have been saying for years. "Good growth. Waiting for shoujo to be on TV. No, I'm not Australian."

... still, it's good to hear these things from the industry once in a while, to know that they're still actively thinking about everything that's going on.

He had a tendancy to say "brand-manage our brands", which was kinda repetetive. Am I the only person who thinks he looks like an Asian (slightly chubbier) Dean Cain? Freaky.

*edit GREATSAIYAMAN777 GREATSAIYAMAN777 GREATSAIYAMAN777! (invoking his name three times means he will ultimatly show up and try to justify/defend himself)
Goshin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
*edit GREATSAIYAMAN777 GREATSAIYAMAN777 GREATSAIYAMAN777! (invoking his name three times means he will ultimatly show up and try to justify/defend himself)
Oh, how I would love for that to happen. Laughing
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks he looks like an Asian (slightly chubbier) Dean Cain? Freaky.

Actually, Dean Cain's father is half-Japanese, and you can vaguely see it in Dean's face. They even had one episode of Lois and Clark with some Asian guys that had a tiny visual gag as to how Dean looked sorta vaguely Asian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I still think they should air Fruits Basket in Canada.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1