• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Kis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Who are these Owls in the episodes? Why are they haunting Fujiko Mine so much? I really don't get it. Also in this episode it says that we are all scripted by some unknown entity or Fujiko Mine is at least. This show is getting more and more disturbing in a ok way. Fujiko Mine is really a complex character you know? But I love the X-men much more especially Rogue, Gambit & Emma Frost. They are much more complex than Fujiko Mine and many or all anime characters imo.

I can't wait to see more of this show.

[Signature removed. Signatures are disabled for a reason. Keep all content in your post relevant to the discussion and do not manually post signatures, particularly when related to hot button and controversial issues. - Keonyn]
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
This thread was a mess but the show itself was pretty great. I agree that the ending feels both genius and also a bit like a cop-out. What happened to Oscar anyway? Ultimately I'm not sure that I'd recommend this ahead of other Lupin series to newcomers (unless they just REALLY like risque stuff), as perhaps it builds an unreasonable expectation for the rest of the franchise. There are plenty of other mature entries in the series to be sure, but I think TWCFM is one of the few where that maturity comes from the more psychological themes and morality rather than just being really bloody and violent. Part 4 is preferable in this sense. It feels like classic Lupin while retaining some of the Fujiko series' edge as well as introducing some great new elements. Also, Jigen's Gravestone is probably the best thing that came from this "Koike-verse." If that guy could just keep making Lupin films forever I'd be in heaven.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Just so it's clear, since there was a report, official review threads do not time out (check the rules) therefore Jayhosh's post is not necroposting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4