• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MAC AUS CON 09' - Cosplay Tourney!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruskiiVFaussie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Heyas! Matt here, I would like to extend an invitation to ALL Australian cosplayers.

http://www.animavericks.byethost13.com/index.php?topic=388.msg3698#msg3698 - separate invitation linky

Fancy your Skillz of Makeover and Thread in the Inaugural Mac Aus Con 09’ Cosplayers Tournament ?!?

>> http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28583 <<

That’s right, the first ever Australian Macross Convention will be held in Brisbane, 16th & 17th of May this year.

And what would a con be without Cosplayers? Over the years people have envied the talent and brilliance of cosplayers

the world over, and being the first ever Macross Con in AUS, we gotta match their fandom and go all out this year!

There will be two forms of contest..

1 ~ Costume Design (all Participants will be lined up and a group vote will reveal the winner)

2 ~ VS Battle (Official Poses from your chosen Macross Character! This can be Isamu’s Hand Made (lol) YF-19 to
Ranka and Sheryl’s finger pointing) Pyramid format, two cos`ies will go head to head, once votes have been tallied,
KnockOuts (KO’s) will be given out and the winner will proceed to the finale. Got what it takes? SCREAM BOMBA!!!!

Characters don’t need to be restricted to the original cast of the SDF-1 Macross series or the Movie “Do You Remember Love?”

The Macross universe is massive, Macross Zero, Mac Plus, Mac 7, Macross FRONTIER, Mac Lovers Again in that order, heaps to choose!

Global? All you need is a flippin Captains hat and a Pipe! Max?? Blue Glasses? ?_? Easy. But what will you competitor do up?

Both competitions (like most of all the Comps held at the Con) will be judged by vote tally, everyone but the

participants can vote, and then it’s all tallied up at the end of the match/event and the winner will be revealed

after every vote has been counted, who will be the winnar??? Everyone will be fair game. Good fun!

Winners and runner ups will be in the running for some flashy prizes! We are talking high end Yamato MACROSS collectables, and other coolies donated by our Main Sponsors. (see front page, 1st post of link above) Good stuff!

Let me know via e-mail if you are up for the challenge – [email protected] or via my profile e-mail (work) for fast reply.

I am the coordinator of this event, and if you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

No need to but your more than welcome to post on the con's thread (link above and below) and show your support for Macross in AUS.

Tickets for the 16th (being the Saturday) are restricted to 22 peoples only, as you will need to reserve your seat for the

cinema Macross marathon which funnily enough has a capacity of 22 peeps. Cool? There are a number of seats still availabe.

The Sunday (17th) will be a fun day, Global Barbeque, MAF comps (PSP vs tourneys) and a trip to Gold Coast is in order [PartyParty]

Better to just read up all whats been arranged in the origin Mac Aus Con 09' thread to bring yourself up to speed of the goings on.

On the Saturday the Con' will be held at the Regent Theatrette, hosting a 12 Hour Macross Marathon, the cosplay tourneys will be held lunch timeish* lol As it depends on exactly what time the current screening finishes up at. As with all the comps.

>> http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28583 << - Offcial Thread for Mac Aus Con 09'

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1