• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Rokka and Ryousuke's spoiler[date at the amusement park was super cute. I loved how natural the dialogue was. It was very sweet when they were in the Sky car thing with Ryousuke down on his knees holding Rokka's hand.] It seemed pretty clear to me that they are not harmonizing yet, which is fine since they are both still learning about one another.

Bonus points to Rokka for spoiler[leaving Ryousuke outside the haunted house.] She's my kind of gal. Smile

Poor Ryousuke, he really can't catch a break. spoiler[Rokka shot him down about having sex. However, since she was considering it before,] I think she's come to realize she needs to sort out her own feelings first.

And now, Shimao caught Ryousuke in a moment of weakness. What I want to know is spoiler[why did Shimao appear as Rokka during the possession?]
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I got a double post...

Last edited by A Mystery on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
@Botan24 Good question... maybe spoiler[because it's Rokka's feelings that keep him trapped here? She being the basis of his lingering existence. ] I have no idea.

I liked the episode, but I want to know more about Ryousuke. His character is pretty well established, but we only know about him being in the flower shop or a couple of scenes of him sitting in his apartment. Doesn't the guy have a past or something? Does he do anything aside from working in the flower shop? Even if he doesn't - why haven't those issues been touched upon? Isn't Rokka curious about it? It feels like I have an incomplete image of him.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
this week ep

spoiler[
ryuusuke get bring rokka to fun park on date & away from ghost husband.
during rokka also remember time she bring atsushi to the fun park.
give ryuusuke trying ways to get alone & win rokka to many rides & etc.
even point all of it to ask to "do it" with rokka cue shot down by rokka.
after day in fun park ryuusuke get all drunk sure let the ghost control your body.
& it did now atsushi's ghost now can touch & feel rokka in ryuusuke's body.
]

to be continued...
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't get anything out of this episode. I was too busy wondering "Why is she wearing a basket on her head?"
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I loved how accurate the anime version of Hanayashiki was to the real one in Asakusa, Tokyo. A friend of mine took me there on my second trip to Japan.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Yeah, I didn't get anything out of this episode. I was too busy wondering "Why is she wearing a basket on her head?"

Yeah, I thought she had a lot of nerve mentioning his cap while wearing that on her own head. Smile

I think this is the first time I've seen a verbal pounce in anime. Her reaction was perfect, but still, ouch.

I really really liked Atsushi's reaction to spoiler[the possession. I've been very well-trained by anime to expect something plot-driven, like him being either clever or clumsy in his deception, or spilling the beans right off, but in whatever way going straight to what he does instead of what he feels, as if possessing someone was normal. So seeing him simply caught up in being flesh again was a lovely and touching surprise.]

I feel like I know enough about Hazuki for the time being. I think he's just an ordinary guy without a lot of social experience. Everybody has a history, but not everyone has A Past, and I think two tragic Pasts is enough in this group. They don't all need to be the walking wounded. If it turns out that Hazuki also has some trauma in his past, I'm going to be terribly disappointed. The series hasn't made a wrong step yet, but for me, that would be a big one.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
I'm dropping this. Not having so much fun, and I can already see where this is going. It's definitely a good anime, but not the sort of thing I'd like to watch at the moment.

A Mystery wrote:
Somehow I got a double post...

Not exactly sure if you'll take this the wrong way but, you can always delete your own post under one condition: it's the last post in the thread.

Which is usually the case after you post, unless there's some ninja poster behind ya.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Rokka and Hazuki on a date at the amusement park.]
Seems like Shimao was getting to him even when he wasn't around.
spoiler[He was pretty aggressive around Rokka this time.]
She is just so indecisive.... it's starting to seriously annoy me.
spoiler[Wow, she actually admitted she's not over Shimao to Hazuki's face.
Shimao the Ghost, was pretty clever using Hazuki's drunken state to get consent to use his body.
Wonder if he'll give it back now that he'll get the taste of being alive..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
I don't know why he was so down, obviously she was going to spoiler[brood with him taking her to one of the last places she went on a date with her husband. She was coming to terms, and the best he could do was show what could bring, by going with her into the haunted house and such at least. Yes his "want to have sex?" was a bit jarring, and kind of made him look a little foolish, but he also broke the tension, and helping her understand that he was just awkward] as she was.

He thought that it was a failure, but he should not have taken it so seriously, and maybe see that he did pretty well. And that spoiler[possession business is dirty taking advantage like the ghost did is not a nice thing,] I guess what happens next will be important for drawing conclusions of character.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
MC is making it hard for me to sympathize with him. Taking Widow-chan spoiler[to that amusement park was a terrible idea. Really, dude? You couldn't think of a single alternative for a date? You want her to get over her dead husband and make her smile, so your solution is to take her to a place that is filled with memories of him?] Nice one, dumbass. I like his courage in forging forward, but then he lost me by getting all spoiler[sullen after she laughed off his totally artless request for sex. Then getting drunk? Loser.] Hopefully he redeems himself next week.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
I love anime like this and was hooked from the beginning, but episode three was very boring to me. I need more Atsushi. Without him, I doubt I would watch this show. He's the one that adds the depth and excitement to the show, even if you are hating him in the process. I honestly want to keep watching, but I feel way to inflated after that episode.

Also, every time I see Ryusuke, I see Johnny Depp from Blow:

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I think he was trying to compete with Atsushi on his own turf, so to speak. It's acting out his resolve to "make her forget all about her pathetic husband,"spoiler[ in a place loaded with memories of him. At the moment though, I don't think he's aware that that's what he was doing, I think he just stupidly thought it was a place that made her smile once, and he might get her to smile again, and associate the place with him instead of Atsushi.]

One thing I especially liked about this episode was that a) she easily deduced that spoiler[Miho had told him about the park,] b) she directly asked him about it, and c) he answered her honestly. That sort of straightforward conversation is virtually non-existent in popular entertainment in any medium. Smile
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

God yes.

Bin hat aside I had a hard time with this ep. The dialogue meandered nowhere, Ryosuke is a dumbass for taking her to the amusement park, spoiler[the finger sucking? Getting drunk before going back to the shop] etc. None of it gelled or made sense to me. I don't know, this might not be the summer 2012 saviour after all.[/spoiler]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
this week ep

spoiler[
ryuusuke is in fairy book world with little rokka while wander around inside book in this fantasy world.

meanwhile atsushi in ryuusuke's body get some adjust & time with rokka give also gave ryuusuke's body a new look hairstyle & glasses.

also more mention of atsushi younger years.
]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7