• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
I'm still very much enjoying it. It just seems like they lost a little of the momentum they had going in the earlier episodes. That's why I said I'm willing to see where they take it, since it's not unfolding at all how I expected. In the whole scheme of things, it could be a brilliant way to tell the story. Let's see. Smile

And I'm also not among those who think they're behaving entirely unrealistically. Are they acting like kids? Yeah, they are, but a lot of grownups do that, especially when it comes to relationships. People don't always outgrow all the behaviors they're supposed to (I'm not even sure they usually do).
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
It's more the pace and the meandering plot that's the problem at the moment. The amusement park episode went no where, and this fairy tale stuff is dragging on a bit. The ghost-kun take over is also a bit infuriating to watch because it halts all progress between Hazuki and Roka, so I'm looking forward to the revelations when things return to normal.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
this week ep.7

spoiler[
after rokka mention dead husband being 1st love.
atsu-suke go like date with rokka
while ryousuke meet mermaid rokka & have her put a shirt on.
rokka & atsu-suke on train then on beach some flashback.
while ryousuke see big pot trying wonder to do while memmaid rokka watch.
after doing fireworks cue atsu-suke & rokka might have "do it"?!
next day rokka wake up see a letter & wait for call from atsu-suke.
while atsu-suke went back to flower shop to fix things & look.
ryousuke seem figure how cue trigger heaven's flag while mermaid rokka ask who main character?
rokka still wonder give letter, flashbacks, & got the call.
when she enter see flower all sets very well & brief second her dead husband.
while atsu-suke in disguise seem on a trip.
with rokka wonder what is going on here with if president octopus is involve?
]

to be continued...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
That ghost really is a bastard.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
While I still like watching this series, the way the episodes are more obviously interconnected makes it them feel individually less dynamic. It feels more like it should be going somewhere now, but it isn't really that kind of show. I had been hoping to see a believable, interesting relationship emerge between Rokka and (*checks Wikipedia*) Ryōsuke, but it seems like that's either not going to really happen or this story about (*checks Wikipedia again*) Atsushi possessing Ryōsuke's body is a red herring to fill the series out until we can get to that.

Mermaid-Rokka freaks me out just a little.

The funny thing that I've noticed about this series is that none of the men, alive or dead, courting Rokka are especially pleasant people to be around. They're not monsters, but they are kind of jerks.

Maybe she should tell them both to get lost and go be a lesbian with Miho. (I don't think that counts as incest, besides, she's the only other character in the show)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
While I still like watching this series, the way the episodes are more obviously interconnected makes it them feel individually less dynamic. It feels more like it should be going somewhere now, but it isn't really that kind of show. I had been hoping to see a believable, interesting relationship emerge between Rokka and (*checks Wikipedia*) Ryōsuke, but it seems like that's either not going to really happen or this story about (*checks Wikipedia again*) Atsushi possessing Ryōsuke's body is a red herring to fill the series out until we can get to that.

Mermaid-Rokka freaks me out just a little.

The funny thing that I've noticed about this series is that none of the men, alive or dead, courting Rokka are especially pleasant people to be around. They're not monsters, but they are kind of jerks.

Maybe she should tell them both to get lost and go be a lesbian with Miho. (I don't think that counts as incest, besides, she's the only other character in the show)

I can only agree. 3 episodes of infinite back and forth were already enough for me. Too bad, that is what this series seems to be about. It's like one of the bad arthouse dramas that can not offer much more beyond a supposedly artful presentation.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
Rokka awkward confession was kinda sweet.
Her honesty really is refreshing.
Their day at the beach and especially fireworks were nice.
Seems like Shimao is finally realizing it's time to let her go..
The more he thinks he should let her go, the more he doesn't want to.
They are getting way to indecisive. It's about time to decide something!
KLAC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
only 3 eps left wonder what happen next?

give rokka seem bit more what going on so now travel to find ryousuke.

give ghost husband is on his travel inside ryousuke body.

& yet ryousuke still bit like wonder to do still in fairy tale world now jump in to get to rokka?

wonder what next?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Some more flashbacks this time too.
Shimao really started acting strange, even for Hazuki.
In the meantime Hazuki still stuck in that sketchbook.
Isn't it about time for all that nonsense to stop?
Just more of the same repeating all over again.
Wish they all just move on, especially Shimao.
KLAC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[
only 2eps left indeed wonder how story will end?

so now rokka more flashback about atsushi include story of girl & the tree.

while hazuki end up now a snow white story & relax snow rokka white is ok.

& rokka see someone digging notice the running ask are you atsushi while give atsu-zuki feel bit more guilty to top it all now hazuki is turning into atsushi in story land.
]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
I have no sympathy for the ghost, and the more he hangs around the more I am hoping he gets torn apart by an exorcist. To be honest he ruins the whole show, there is nothing sweet about what he is doing.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
So we got to the bottom of things.
Rokka is the one keeping Shimao here and not the other way around.
Hazuki still stuck in the sketchbook...
Flashbacks to Rokka and Shimao's life before were nice.
Although I'm kinda sick of all this stalling.
spoiler[I'm glad she finally figured out that Hazuki isn't really Hazuki anymore.
It was a touching moment of revelation.
Oh man, this is not gonna end well. It's just making things worse.]
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I have no sympathy for the ghost, and the more he hangs around the more I am hoping he gets torn apart by an exorcist. To be honest he ruins the whole show, there is nothing sweet about what he is doing.

Really? I kind of sympathise with him because he's in the worst position, being the dead one and all. I like the way he is struggling between being selfish and wanting Rokka to move on, it makes him quite a fallible and empathetic character in my eyes.

It's only dawned on me post ep 9 how fucked up this show's simple premise actually is. I mean, seeing your late husband again through the body of your current (potential) lover... Trying to imagine that happening for real for just one second makes me nauseous.

I just don't like all the nonsensical storybook stuff, doesn't add anything to proceedings, it just feels like a cheap excuse to give Hazuki some screen time.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Hazuki really is just a vessel right now. Should he come back from the possession, what's left for him with Rokka? There's two episodes left, so I don't think there's any possibility for romance there. I guess the main focus was just Rokka getting over her husband's death, but the writing gone in such a roundabout fashion getting there. Feels like it'll just be unsatisfying end for romance or drama.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

He is such a good dead husband, saying that he would spoiler[rather kill his wife then lose her again], I think my previous comments on him stick. He really has been quite selfish, but luckily it seems that she has asked for spoiler[where the Hazuki she fell in love with is.] A step in the right direction at the least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7