• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation Oct / Nov / Dec 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote
It's been a long time since release for them not to do Index BD. I'll buy it anyway, but I will end up downloading someone else's remux to actually watch it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
Tenchi Universe, I do have fond memories of seeing it on Toonami, but they're not clear enough for me to know if it's nostalgia or actually good. I'm not big on harem or reverse harem either.

I recently re-watched Tenchi Universe and found it to be seriously lacking. For me, all the nostalgia in the world couldn't save it. I've re-watched the OVA series a number of times, and that holds up very well.

While I certainly agree with you, especially since I've had the OVAs on DVD for more than a decade, there is one thing about Universe that puts it on par with them: Time and Space Adventures. Oh, and Kyoto Animation. Two things that put it... 26 episodes. Three things...A complete storyline. Four things that put in on par with...

Universe should be released before the movies anyway, seeing how the movies are from that canon. 40 dollars, 4 DVDs, sounds ok to me.
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Not that it'll ever happen but I wish they'd re-do the dub for Tenchi Muyo, it doesn't stand the test of time. I actually used to like it but since then there have been much better things I've seen and of course I don't mind watching the Japanese version if the dub is just that bad.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in Deadman Wonderland and Hellsing Ultimate. I may be interested in others in the future.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
It's so weird that Aria is $65.

But yea, Hellsing Ultimate and One Piece for me. I am so happy to see original Tenchi back in print.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Tenchi Universe is going for only $24 on TRSI. I wasn't planning to, but I'm leaning towards preordering.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Wait wait wait. Are they really calling it Tenchi Muyo Universe? Ugh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Wait wait wait. Are they really calling it Tenchi Muyo Universe? Ugh.

I guess it was originally called Tenchi Muyo TV. In any case, I see no reason to re-own any of these older titles unless they start coming out on BluRay. How wonderful for you lot that never had the chance to own it way back when, but I'm gonna need more substantial reasons other than it just being a re-release.
warden13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
DVD only for Index is disappointing. I'll just wait for a complete collection later on.
Xanas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I think the extras may be worth it for the LE, I'd recommend getting it and just getting a remux online. I'll probably buy their complete collection later on also (I almost always do) but in any case I really don't want to wait to get something, I really am happy they are dubbing it.

Ordered:
fun09120 Aria the Scarlet Ammo DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Edition (*) 1 $38.99
fun06760 C - Control - Money and Soul of Possibility DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) LE (*) 1 $41.99
fun06750 Certain Magical Index, A Season 1 DVD Part 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition (*) 1 $38.99
fun06751 Certain Magical Index, A Season 1 DVD Part 2 (Hyb) (*) 1 $35.99
fun07580 Deadman Wonderland DVD Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Edition (*) 1 $38.99
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
aria the scarlet ammo worth buying? I never bothered watching it
good price and on bluray I dont have many complaints

toaru majitsu, I'm not sure about yet
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Hmm, a lot of potential buys are on hold for me with the hope of a future bluray release.
I think I'll wait on Hellsing too since I already have the geneon releases, and maybe Funi will put out a more complete set with the unreleased volumes.

supercreep wrote:
Tenchi Universe before the OVA sereis? *Grumble grumble*

I hope that means that we are definitely getting it on blu.

I'd definitely rebuy the OVA series if it got re-released here on bluray like it did in japan. You can really see the details (and flaws) with that picture quality. Good with the bad I guess, but it's still one of my favorite series ever and I can always re-watch it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'd definitely rebuy the OVA series if it got re-released here on bluray like it did in japan. You can really see the details (and flaws) with that picture quality. Good with the bad I guess, but it's still one of my favorite series ever and I can always re-watch it.

Any flaws in the picture only make it more "real". Typically that's only an issue you encounter with TV series on BluRay, the flaws for OVAs and movies aren't nearly as pronounced and all the benefits far outweigh any negatives. If you're looking for errors, dust, and cut corners, you're name is likely Justin.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Even though TRSI hasn't updated it yet, the release date for both Shakugan no Shana: Season 2 sets are rescheduled to 10/16/12.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 17