• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan: The Raven Chaser's Trailers Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerdx2000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
i expected a very open-ended story, so conan has excuse to stay young and continue series
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
nerdx2000 wrote:
i expected a very open-ended story, so conan has excuse to stay young and continue series

And I expected Case Closed to be much more popular when it still aried on television. Obviously not though. Popuarality and ratings make a large impact on a show.

I wonder if fans will ever be able to watch the entire series via dvd format?
Dahling

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Well, Funi is making a fantastic effort with their box sets. ^-^ They're up to the third one, at least, with 26 eps per box.

Edit: Yeah, typoed....>.>
Mizmow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
In the present time media companies shouldn't just concentrate on selling dvds but try to push back the illegal downloads by offering their own downloads or streams.

Now it is pretty clear for everyone that the anime won't end with this movie. I only wonder but the BO sniper is targeting the police, but maybe she's just playing.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quote
Dahling wrote:
Quote:

Well, Funi is making a fantastic effort with their box sets. ^-^ They're up to the third one, at least, with 26 eps per box.

Edit: Yeah, typoed....>.>

4th actually, the 5th is due out in May. I sincerely hope Funi keeps up with the dvd releases. I got into this show through the dub and I just can't watch any other way.
captainbanana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling that Funi is never going to catch up with the TV releases. That's just me though. I'm still sitting back and waiting to see if they will (I've been burned before with incomplete series, and I'm not taking the risk again now)

As for this movie, I couldn't be any less excited. I was under the impression that things were actually going to change during that last story arc, but nothing really did. At over 500 episodes, I'm done watching the in-betweens, and I only really watch the "special arcs" (of which there have been...what...6 total in however many years it has been now?) and the movies. The series desperately needs to be put out of its misery already, but no one has the guts to do it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
nerdx2000 wrote:

And I expected Case Closed to be much more popular when it still aried on television. Obviously not though. Popuarality and ratings make a large impact on a show.

I know someone who's buying the R2 DVDs as they come out ever since Detective Conan started a decade ago. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1