• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Nice Boat' Video Posted Instead of Haruhi-chan Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Edit:
Realised my post was pointless. Very Happy

Last edited by _Earthwyrm_ on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Either way, it was strange at the time when we heard it was doing well, we were also hearing strange things like, "not as expected" and "disappointed".

Considering how they even made fun of that "fact" in Lucky Star with spoiler[Konata reading reviews bashing Haruhi] they probably would not be ashamed admitting it. Heck they probably wouldn't be ashamed to continue with ".. but you know you want more!" lol. I love Kadokawa.

But it was Bandai saying that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
You know how hard it is for an anime fan to say "I love bandai"

They keep this up and they're going to be as hated by fans as the gainax staff after the last episode of evangelion Laughing
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
You know how hard it is for an anime fan to say "I love bandai"

They keep this up and they're going to be as hated by fans as the gainax staff after the last episode of evangelion Laughing

Atleast Gainax had an excuse with them running out of money which they later rectified with the End and the Rebuild series.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Re: Video-

LOL funtimes

Re: Thread-

LOL fanbabies

You stay classy, ANN. Anime smile
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Pardon whilst I rub salt in the crybabies' wounds, but this just seems so, SO VERY APPROPRIATE to put this here. Might as well... Laughing
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Crybabies? More like annoyed. We get to be annoyed by this right?If you aren't going to do anything don't announce it.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
The fact remains; Shows get a date and they air. This sort of BS is only expected from Gonzo and even they are geting better at it.

.. but a Nice Boat coming from Gonzo or any other "professional" publisher/studio would be a real slip-up though. You can bet Kadokawa isn't loosing millions here with this Nice Boat.
Quote:
Kadokawa need to sort thier shit out ASAP

then they wouldn't be Kadokawa anymore, lol.
Quote:
or they will piss away anything remotely resembling a fanbase for this series.

And in this economic climate, that's stupid.

Nah.. In fact, while it may weed out some folks like rpb3000 mentioned before (i.e the non-believers lol) I'd wager this all of this would probably result in a net gain for them Laughing

SongstressCela wrote:
Good lord, this is just getting ridiculous by now. Between season 2 and this news, Haruhi has become just one big joke after another. It's like Final Fantasy XIII, no one even cares anymore.

The difference is that Square seems "serious" about FF franchise when in reality they're just trying to milk you by pumping out one sequel after another. On the other hand, there's only one season out of Haruhi so far (coupled with this announced Haruhi-chan version), but rather than trying to milk its fanbase, since they really don't need to--and hide it like every other "professional" company--I think they're trying to grow it.

edit: last part above

Last edited by configspace on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
"The truth is that the Japanese fans still very much care about Haruhi because of merchandise and video games coming out frequently." - zanarkand princess

Yes, This.

everyone grousing about this, I have to wonder why you think you are the target audience in the first place? This stuff is primarily made for domestic consumption, and the fact that it gets around the world is simply bonus. Grousing about fanservice in some anime? Guess what? It's intended for people who get that, just like a sports illustrated calendar is intended for people who like that. Just like blood and guts, Giant mecha, or geeky teenagers that have no clue about their potential.

The reason we all come to watch anime, or read manga is that there is some little thing that we like about it. If you don't like Haruhi, you don't. I like it because of Kyon's reaction to her, and to everyone else. The oddity of all that is being carried through by the production company. That doesn't make them un-professional. In fact it probably makes them incredibly professional and calculating in their manipulation. The fans they lose didn't get it anyway, and I'm going to bet that number is vanishingly small within their target audience... Which isn't us to start with.

if you don't like the salad, have the veal. don't forget to tip your waitstaff...

Last edited by ArthurFrDent on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Subatomic Brainfreeze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Only a god-level troll could make half their targets love being treated like fools and actually beg them for more.

Cheers, Haruhi Suzumiya. I think you hate anime fans even more than I do. Keep up the good work.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, first let's be honest with ourselves here...

Your opinion, and by that I mean everyone who does not live in Japan, does not matter one whit to Kadokawa at the moment. Especially for this "show" that they surely have no intention of selling overseas for actual money. It's entirely a marketing tool for merchandise that isn't available outside of Japan anyway.

That being said, I have one thing to say to Kadokawa, in a language they might understand;

Kuuki wo yome!

You know when you make a joke at a party and everyone chuckles a little, and then you go on and make a more risky joke and people just kind of stare at you.... So then you go for like the rudest most offensive joke you know and everyone in the room suddenly starts to ignore you and you're left hanging out by the punch bowl while that loser gonzo who was only invited out of pity tells you their sob story that no one wants to listen to all night long?
Yeah, it's like that.
Wake up Kadokawa and get the point: The people that actually care about the show don't think it's funny anymore. The only people you are amusing are the people who don't give a damn about your shows in the first place.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Crybabies? More like annoyed. We get to be annoyed by this right?

Yes, and I get to make a mockery of your annoyance. Schadenfreude ist die schonste Freude, doncha know? Anime smile

Yeah, that's right, take it to Google to figure out what I'm saying. We all know you're doing it.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That was epic! Everyone got OWNED! Laughing

Congrats, Kadokawa!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
My question is, this isn't really the sequel to the show, is it? Just a chibi-fied sketch-style version. And it's never coming to the US. So I say...big frackin' deal.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I love tsuruya chan. Haruhi chan too. It seems more like one of those girly hello kitty type things than something fanboys would have a fit over. It was on youtube and I don't think it was locked outside of japan or something so plenty of us would have watched it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6