• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi-chan, Churuya-san Streamed with English Subs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I think it's a sign that the new one is up or something... I just realized it.

Anyways... that part with Yuki playing the game was my favorite part... and inspired a future Omake for one of my fan fics...
BloodPact725

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
SoloButterfly wrote:
I keep getting the message that the videos are private. Anyone else have that?

I got this as well. Even for subscribers the movie is unavailable. ANN may want to look into this to see why the video has been privatized. However, they do have the second episode up and running, so people may want to take a look at it before Kadokawa pulls that one too.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if you wanna see the show, it looks like your best bet is to view each ep ASAP. I think they're being private'd due to piracy concerns (you never know...). Maybe a little overly cautious, but whatcha gonna do?

On a side note I love the mini-intro how it's all epic and zooming in on Japan from space...then the camera smacks poor Haruhi in the face. So awesome.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Churuya really googled it Very Happy I bet there's going to be a smoked cheese joke in every episode. It's at the bottom of the screen during the credits too.

So I wonder if we can only see the episodes until new ones come out?

I liked haruhi chan. Nagato was funny. She's turning into an otaku I guess.
dago2682

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ANN Article
Kadokawa Anime has p[oseted

I Think it was meant to say Kadokawa Anime has posted.
anyways thanks for the news.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Yeah, if you wanna see the show, it looks like your best bet is to view each ep ASAP. I think they're being private'd due to piracy concerns (you never know...). Maybe a little overly cautious, but whatcha gonna do?

On a side note I love the mini-intro how it's all epic and zooming in on Japan from space...then the camera smacks poor Haruhi in the face. So awesome.

If we can't see it on the channel that's not going to help piracy. Someone is just going to find it and put it up.

Whats the point of subs if you don't want us here in the west to see it for too long?
pparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Three groups already releasing it on BT, and it's a proprietary format. Can't save it and play it like a normal flv. So... the pirates have already long struck.

Cute episodes. I'm not getting all the references--maybe it's been too long, but funny nonetheless. Agree we need the real thing, though. These will make good omakes on the MoSH 2 discs.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Ha! So they took off the old ones! Those Japanese! They're not keen on archiving - even their news websites don't archive their articles for too long. I don't know what's up with that - certainly not hard drive capacity issues.... Laughing
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Here's the weird thing, though: as I said, I have both of the first clips bookmarked in my iPod Touch and I can see them perfectly, none of this Private business - hell, they look better than on my PC screen. Isn't this happening to other people with similar devices?
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:32 am Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Here's the weird thing, though: as I said, I have both of the first clips bookmarked in my iPod Touch and I can see them perfectly, none of this Private business - hell, they look better than on my PC screen. Isn't this happening to other people with similar devices?

When I try to access episode 01 from my browser now, I get the "private" message. They have supposedly taken it down, so if you can see it via iPod, you're lucky. Smart idea on their part. Really...Rolling Eyes
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Eh, well...it would be nice if Kadokawa were willing to put them on CR, though I'm guessing the YouTube thing is an exclusivity deal. I mean the cartoons are cute and all, but only being able to see them until the next episode is up? And I thought the Japanese were starting to have a better grasp of how to market their shows. I stand corrected... Rolling Eyes
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Churuya really googled it Very Happy I bet there's going to be a smoked cheese joke in every episode. It's at the bottom of the screen during the credits too.

So I wonder if we can only see the episodes until new ones come out?

I liked haruhi chan. Nagato was funny. She's turning into an otaku I guess.

That was most of the joke in the comics, her being denied smoked cheese.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quote
Smoked cheese just became hilarious to me.

The first episodes are back up. No more private message. I don't know if they messes up or they saw some back lash (we don't know if we are the only one's who got it right? Maybe they did in japan too.)
RommieSG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am Reply with quote
The site was having some maintenance this evening, so it might have had something to do with that. But the episodes and links are all still there with the correct dates on them in my subscriptions.
fireball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote
I have no problem accessing the old episodes either. ANN should update the news accordingly, I think it was only some kind of momentary technical trouble, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6