• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Game-Based Sengoku Basara Anime's New TV Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian K

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Let's party!

Seriously, I don't know. The animation looks alright, but the whole thing has a vibe of ridiculousness that makes me go "meh".
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
............Devil Kings? Whoa, really? FYI, it's a fairly average Dynasty Warriors ripoff for the PS2. I didn't think it was popular enough over there to warrant an anime, but of course, some of the dumbest and least expected properties in Japan get a zillion adaptations.

My guess is that it'll have lots of dumb violence and little character development.

But it does have a Nobunaga-esque character with a katana AND A SHOTGUN. I mean, no way he's as cool as Ash even with as much, but still.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yes can't wait! This shit is gonna be hot!! MO-TO-CHI-KAAAAA!!!!
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
well Devil Kings would be what would be called if it came here.....

But unlikely considering that the first game bombed over here in the U.S. (That what they get for releasing about 1 or 2 months after Samurai Warriors 1)

And if they kept the Devil Kings stuff fans would be screaming about how "they butchered it."
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
"Let's party!" Laughing

Production I.G's last game-based anime -- World Destruction -- was a pleasant surprise. That, and me being the I.G fan that I am, I'll be checking out Sengoku Basara for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this. Just seeing who the seiyuu are has got me wanting to see it now and not in April. ^^;;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1