• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reed Reveals New Minky Momo Magical Girl Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
Then this anime shouldn't debut until 2012. This is because if they were to air between now and Dec. 31, 2011, it wouldn't really the 30 anniversary. Somewhat repeating what I just said, airing it now would only the be 26 or 27th anniversary.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Then this anime shouldn't debut until 2012. This is because if they were to air between now and Dec. 31, 2011, it wouldn't really the 30 anniversary. Somewhat repeating what I just said, airing it now would only the be 26 or 27th anniversary.

As the article says, that's why Production Reed said this series will be a "prologue for the 30th anniversary," not a project for the 30th anniversary itself.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who will play the role again ? Megumi or Mami ? Any of them is fine for me, i just hope they don't bring it a new seiyuu for the role
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quote
Mami Koyama isn't getting any younger, though. According to the encyclopaedia she was around 27 when she did her first Minky Momo anime and around 39 when she did her last. She's already 54 this year – literally twice the age she was when she first voiced Minky...

Incidentally, Megumi Hayashibara is turning 42. Now, I'm not a fan of this series, but I expect if it's not Ms Hayashibara, they probably will bring in some new blood (and I wouldn't blame them).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1