• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, February 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me anything about "Mei-chan no Shitsuji"? I'm very, very curious about it now since it's placed in so many spots as of late. Anime catgrin
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 am Reply with quote
and I thought this Mei-chan TV series was so ridiculous and bad oO;; ... I could hardly keep myself from laughing at all this cheesy stuff.

Imho there is absolutely nothing special about this series. It's about yet another private school for rich girls, in which every girl has a "super bishonen butler" to serve her every minute of the day. And that's about it for now ..... it's pretty flat as well, with a lot of girly problems, jealousy and "does and don'ts" as a butler etc.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
and I thought this Mei-chan TV series was so ridiculous and bad oO;; ... I could hardly keep myself from laughing at all this cheesy stuff.
In my opinion, the drama is trying to be very shoujo-y and over-the-top. I mean, characters occasionally appear in clouds of sparkling roses for god's sake. But it does what it does well, which is entertain its target audience. It's not one of those dramas I could stand to watch 4-5 episodes in a row, but coming out once a week is just right. I watch it with my friend and we do a MST3K-style running commentary the whole time.

I thought I read somewhere that in the manga Mei is actually a middle-school student, in which case I'm glad they made her older for the drama. Anyone actually read the manga? If so, how does it compare to the drama?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1