• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:

spoiler[I don't understand the fact that Kirika was crying because she says she couldn't feel sorry for the people she killed. Well, if she's crying, doesn't that means she feels something? I just didn't understand that. Reading the rest of the recaps I just could picture how the each episode went and didn't feel the series was any good.]

Finally, trained assassins killing people and hardly any blood is shown. That really turned me off.

I suppose someday I will watch this series all the way through and maybe change my mind, but for now Noir makes my list of anime I do not like.

She was crying because she knew she should be sad but, shae wasn't. She saw other people feel guilt and she didn't know why that didn't happen to her.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Neclord516 wrote:
Well you mustn't have read to well because Gungrave is my #3 anime just behind Hajime no Ippo and Berserk.

Huh? what? I don't understand your argument.

Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Two series that I have not watched, but have seen that other people like are The Twelve Kingdoms and Gungrave...

Looks like you need to pay a little bit more attention, Neclord516..Wink

As long as I'm here, I guess I'll go ahead with my top 10.

10. Junkers Come Here - I first heard about this from a favorable ANN review, actually, and decided to take a chance on it. I am SO glad that I did, because I was completely enchanted throughout the entire film. This is the first title I lend out to friends with kids who haven't seen much anime, but are interested. I highly recommend it for anyone (it's a great one to watch with children!)

9. Arjuna - I know a lot of people find this title to be a little preachy, but I admire its audacity to bring serious environmental and social issues to the forefront. Add to this beautiful artwork, wonderfully fluid animation, and the best example (ever) of how to effectively use music to enhance a story, and you have one of the crowning achievements of modern anime.

8. Memories - If nothing else, I appreciate this title for first introducing me to the work of Koji Morimoto, which I have fallen in love with. I adore all three of the shorts which make up the film, and they work effectively with each other. My favorite is Cannon Fodder, which I consider Katsuhiro Otomo's best work to date (besides Robot Carnival, which is coming up!).

7. Only Yesterday - As much as I enjoy wading through intricate plots, slowly putting together the puzzle pieces until I am able to finally find resolution, I enjoy simplicity much, much more. The beauty and simplicity of Taeko's story is one of the most effective and sentimental narratives ever created. I love the memoir feeling it has as well.

6. Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Wow. That's the feeling I was left with after watching the first strange and stylized episode of Utena. The best quality of this show is the sheer creativity of its art direction. Spinning roses? Sure. Romanesque architecture in every background? Why not? Upside-down floating castles? Works for me. The animation isn't the greatest, but the engaging story, quirky characters, and bizarre editing techniques reeled me in and kept me at undying attention.

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Disregarding the fact that this is one of the most disputed titles (probably ever) in anime, I enjoy the integrity of this title just for itself. I like that it takes risks in the presentation of the storytelling, and even if it doesn't quite live up to the mammoth expectations it has set for itself, I would rather see something attempt to be bold and fail than stay safe and succeed. That, and Askua's insecurities lying behind a mask of pride reminds me so much of myself...

4. Robot Carnival - This is one of the first anime titles I ever saw, so it has a rather fond and nostalgic place in my heart. There are so many highlights in it! Morimoto's Franken's Gears is wonderful, and nothing makes me laugh quite as hard as The Red-Haired Man's Invasion. The opening and closing sequences have astounding animation as well.

3. Angel's Egg - One of the reasons I was so disappointed with Innocence was because of Mamoru Oshii's consistent brilliance in his past work. This title, my favorite, isn't as much about a story as it is about the depiction of a strange, run-down, dark world and its dreary inhabitants. Toss in sleek character designs by Yoshitaka Amano, haunting music, and extraordinary animation, and the final result is what Innocence should have been--smart and illustrious.

2. Five Star Stories - This is another one of those titles that is dear to me because it's one of the first anime films I saw. If only all animation had the intricacy and detail of the art in FSS... There's not much more I can say about this title that hasn't been said before by countless fans, so I'll leave it at that.

1. Legend of the Forest - I absolutely delight in everything Osamu Tezuka has been involved with. From his incredibly innovative short films such as Jumping and Broken Down Film to his beloved features such as Unico, there is not a single work which I don't hold in reverence. I believe Legend of the Forest is his crowning achievement. Not only for its mind-boggling animation, but for its homage to the history of animation. In an incredible display of creativity, Tezuka's story folds out through different stages reflecting the birth of animation, starting with illustrations, the zoetrope, moving on through "Humorous Phases of Funny Faces," "Gertie the Dinosaur" and "Felix the Cat," and ending with classic Disney style, and even a bit of UPA. I'm a bit of a film history nut, so this title is my dream come true.

There are many, many other titles I wish I could keep on my top ten list, most notably Macross; alas, I have taken up too much space already.

Now for titles I despise.

5. Final Fantasy: Unlimited - Each time a new addition to the Final Fantasy franchise is announced, my hopes soar. I enjoy the games and would love to see some of their mysticism and, well, fantasy... to cross over to anime successfully. Unfortunately, FFU is worthless. The characters are dull, the animation is lifeless, and the whole 3D gun sequence? Cheese!

4. Biohunter - I am really uncomfortable with borderline hentai titles. I'll take my crime/sci fi thrillers without the boobs and the panting, k?

3. Tekken - I can't think of any other instance when I've laughed until I cried at the sheer awfulness of an animation. The dialogue was SO over-the-top and ridiculous. It was almost worth it to see the boxing kangaroo, but I can see the same thing in Utena, and it's funnier.

2. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - The jokes are repetetive. Just look at the title, for heaven's sake.

1. Ghost in the Shell: Innocence - This one gets the top spot because it left me feeling more disappointed than any other any title I've seen in my whole experience as an anime fan. The first GITS movie was brilliant, and the trailers for this looked so amazing and wonderful and got me so excited. And then I went to the theater and... nothing. I might as well have watched a brick wall for 90 minutes. I would have gotten the same experience out of it.

Last edited by Cloe on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
El Oso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
3. Angel's Egg - One of the reasons I was so disappointed with Innocence was because of Mamoru Oshii's consistent brilliance in his past work. This title, my favorite, isn't as much about a story as it is about the depiction of a strange, run-down, dark world and its dreary inhabitants. Toss in sleek character designs by Yoshitaka Amano, haunting music, and extraordinary animation, and the final result is what Innocence should have been--smart and illustrious.

I can't believe I completely forgot about this movie! This has got to be my favorite of Oshii's works next to GitS.
soapman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to put my 2 cents on this, so here it goes:

10) COWBOY BEBOP-Wonderful. Wanted to run longer but I was ok with the way it ended

9) NEON GENESIS EVANGELION-Surprised me how dark it was but enjoyed it. Ritsuko was a very enjoyable character for me

8) HAIBANE-RENMEI-A nice change of pace from current anime which seems so fast like on a sugar rush. I liked it alot

7) NADIA-I can watch this over and over. I would have wrote Nadia's character a little different though. Enjoyed Grandis, Hanson and Sanson, they had a nice balance of seriousness and comedy.

6) LAIN-Didn't really know anything about this series when I picked it up. I was intrigued by the cover. This series is dark also but in a different way than evangelion was. The whole time
you were trying to understand what was real and what wasn't.
Pleasantly suprised with this one

5) URUSEI YATSURA-One of my all time favorites. I hope I get to see the whole series and all of the movies and the ovas. Love the wackiness and the many interesting characters in this series. I wish I would have discovered this one earlier. I have tv box sets 1-4 and have seen the movies Only You and Beautiful Dreamer

4) MACROSS-ROBOTECH-Got me fully into anime. Thought
Carl Macek did something very good(although he gets a lot of grief). I have seen the original Macross and Genesis Climber Mosepada(the 3rd part of the Robotech series). The main characters just captured me and wouldn't let me go

3) BUBBLEGUM CRISIS-This was my 1st anime that I purchased that was subtitled. Totally went crazy over this one. Had a dark
side also. Wish would have gotten more into Sylia. To this day, i think she is a boomer

2) GATCHAMAN-BATTLE OF THE PLANETS-My 1st introduction to anime despite the highly cut Battle Of the Planets. Glad i have gotten to see original episodes of Gatchaman and looking forward to the full series being released by ADV. Loved the team concept and looking forward to Galactor's wacky robots or schemes. Don't over look this series

1) GALAXY EXPRESS 999-I can watch this over and over. True its a lot of short stories but they are wonderful stories and very human. Leiji Matsumoto has a wonderful way of putting in moral messages into his works. Maetel was a mysterious but wonderful character. I hope I get to see the whole series one day. Love anything than Matsumoto does
Honorable Mention: The Big O, Trigun, Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi,
Sakura Diaries, Dragon Ball, Mobile Suit Gundam 080 war in the pocket, Dirty Pair, & Phantom Quest Corp

Now for my worse:
1) Dragon Ball GT- So non interesting. End already
2) Wolfs Rain-Just don't like it. Doesn't interest me at all
3) Witch Hunter Robin-Its ashame because I love the look of the series and the character design. Just couldn't hold my interest overall.
4) Pilot Candidate-Why CN chose this snoozer is beyond me. I try to give it a chance but gave up after episode 3
5) Mobile Suit Gundam G-Hated this one. Fighting tournaments and gundams? huh? Couldn't stand this series.
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Neclord516 wrote:
Well you mustn't have read to well because Gungrave is my #3 anime just behind Hajime no Ippo and Berserk. Gungrave has great action and story. I love every part about it.

Huh? what? I don't understand your argument.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I haven't watched Gungrave yet, but I hope to put it on my favourites list since it's made by the creator of Trigun.

Cloe wrote:
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Two series that I have not watched, but have seen that other people like are The Twelve Kingdoms and Gungrave...

Looks like you need to pay a little bit more attention..Wink

Your point is taken, Cloe. I have not watched these two animes so I cannot include them in my favourites yet. I think that I'll like them just as much as the other ones I own. Since I spent quite a bit of money on these two series, I better like 'em Anime smile + sweatdrop Honestly, every anime series I have bought, including ones that I have bought without even knowing a thing about them, I have come to love.

I did, however, neglect to mention another anime that I do own. I actually own 12 series (including the two I haven't seen along with three that I'm still collecting). I posted my earlier list a bit quick since it took me a long time to read through the whole thread and then by the time I finished writing my post, I had to go to work.

Outlaw Star - I love the action sequences, the music is great, and I enjoyed the relationship between Gene and Melfina very much. This is also the first time I learned about Robert Wickes (voice of Gene). My favourite character in GitS:SAC is Pazu because he voices him. I wish Pazu would be in the series more, but what can you do?

Plus I'll add a movie:

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade - With the animation done all by hand, this is one of my favourite movies. From the music, to the story, to the animation, this movie is really moving.

Alchemist449 wrote:
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
spoiler[I don't understand the fact that Kirika was crying because she says she couldn't feel sorry for the people she killed. Well, if she's crying, doesn't that means she feels something? I just didn't understand that. Reading the rest of the recaps I just could picture how the each episode went and didn't feel the series was any good.]

Finally, trained assassins killing people and hardly any blood is shown. That really turned me off.

I suppose someday I will watch this series all the way through and maybe change my mind, but for now Noir makes my list of anime I do not like.

She was crying because she knew she should be sad but, shae wasn't. She saw other people feel guilt and she didn't know why that didn't happen to her.

I will have to watch this series all the way through. Maybe then, if I can get around the no blood part, my opinion will change.

Last edited by Chiroptera Rex on Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Alchemist449 wrote:

I will have to watch this series all the way through. Maybe then, if I can get around the no blood part, my opinion will change.

The "no blood" element isn't the only thing that makes Noir boring. The fact that the show is boring also contributes. Not to say the series was bad overall, but in my opinion, the lack of blood really detracts from any semblance of realism. I mean it's a ficticious work anyway, so why not put in at least a little blood to make things more believeable to us, the audience?

I rated it Very Good (subbed), though only because the story picks up to a much better pace around the end.

The only thing that really bothered me in this series (aside from the really slow beginning) was the presence of those dang anamorphic widescreen lines that would blur the screen everytime there was a lot of movement, very annoying.

The dub also didn't help too much, as I could barely hear them, but as most of you know I never liked ADV to begin with Razz.

Anyway, if you can get to about episode 17, I think you'll like it a lot more from there on out. Just try to be a little patient from 1-16.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Your point is taken, Cloe. I have not watched these two animes...

Oopsies! My 2nd statement was directed toward Neclord516 as well (as in he should have paid more attention to what you wrote instead of writing a confusing accusation). Guess I didn't make that clear. Sorry. ^^;;

And just so you can have a counter-opinion, Gungrave is one of the most boring shows I think I have ever seen. So I would recommend at least to borrow it off someone or rent it before you buy it. I agree with Twelve Kingdoms recommendations, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Slipstream

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
Ohhh....I thought hard about this one...

I will not try to rate the best in order...cause I now I will change my mind...so these are random...

THE OVERAL WORST (I have seen...these are the ones I hoped would be good...hyped to be good. There is crap...these are the ones I though wouldn't be)

Neon Genesis Evangelion -- Overblown and overhyped
Paranoia Agent -- Same Kon, same story
RG Veda
Gundam F91
Perfect Blue

OVERALL BEST (The ones I own and rewatch often...see a pattern)

Patlabor 2 (if there were in order this would be in the top three)
Ghost in the Shell
Innocence - Ghost in the Shell 2 (Oshii is my crack)
Appleseed (Yeah...Shirow to. Like his Anime...dislike his Manga)
Ghost in the Shell -- Stand Alone Complex
Texhnolyze
Wings of Honneamise
Akira
Giant Robo - The Day the Earth Stood Still
Macross Plus - brought me back to Anime
Wonderful Days / Blue Sky -- Its Korean and yes, I'm counting it.

Ten is not enough and I know I am forgeting something...

Runners Up -- Sol Bianca, Venus Wars, Metal Skin Panic Madox-01
djarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this was really hard. So here goes my two cents.

WORST

1. Excel Saga I know, I know, I'm gonna take a lot of slack for this one, but I truly don''t believe that it was properly presented. The version that I saw, the ADV one, was not funny to me at all. It was incoherent nonsense, lacking any plot and substance. It was the exact opposite of what I want in anime. I think that in context, it had potential... but it just didn't apply to me here, in the US, either subtitled or dubbed. Go ahead now, you can start beating me.

2. Ninja Resurrection Blame whoever you want for this one, no matter how you slice it, it was crap. Nuff said.

3. Stratos 4 Ya know, I haven't seen that much crap. This one wasn't all that bad, it's just not what I wanted. I highly doubt that most people got what they wanted from this anime. I didn't feel any attachment to the characters, and the total lack of action in something that appeared to be action orientated really hit me hard. Like I said, it's not that bad, but it's definitely not good. From what I've seen, this just falls flat on its face.

4. Dragonball GT I watched the original DB, and thought it was pretty cool. I absolutely loved DBZ. This one just didn't cut it. It was completely different from it's predecessors, I liken it to The Godfather part III. It just shouldn't have been called anything Dragonball. I guess it was the novelty of it that kept me watching, but by Dragonball standards, I thought it didn't quite meet my standards. Also, not terrible, but definitely not good.

5. Paranoia Agent I like Perfect Blue alot. I liked the first episodes of Paranoia Agent a lot. But the last ones just killed it for me. I honestly believe that they scrambled to put this one together, and didn't want to come up with something coherent. Too many unanswered questions, with nothing to show for it at the end.

And now... for the BEST

10. Ghost in the Shell This one still makes me question my existence. Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? If I replace my arm with a mechanical one, am I still human? If I continue to do so, until I am all machine, am I still human? If not, at what point did I stop being human? Do I have a soul? Where is it located? If I have that removed, do I lose my soul? Basically this: You have a boat. Built it from scratch. Have an accident, and replace ONE panel. Is it still the same boat you've grown to love? Now, repeat, until all panels are replaced. Is it now, the same boat? At what point did it stop being the same boat? Now, apply to humans. WooWee, I know. It's a mindblow.

9. R.O.D. Read or Die Both the OVA and series kick some serious ass. They define stylistic cool almost as well as Bebop does. Series starts off slow, but you'll feel so much better if you watch the whole thing.

8. Detective Conan / Case Closed I know that this series has somewhat flopped here in the US. But it's like an epidemic everywhere else. I'll admit, there were a few episodes I thought were maybe best suited for the FoxBox or something. That quickly changed. It's like the Law and Order of anime. Even without progressing the main plot, you can always pick up a random episode and enjoy. Few series' offer that.

7. Witch Hunter Robin Before I had watched it, I thought the show would be lame. I was pissed that it replaced what I used to watch on Adult Swim. This show is so much deeper than you think it will be. I still watch it over and over again.

6. Inuyasha I hated the ending of this long running favorite series of mine. I hated that there was an ending. Say what you will, this show is just fun to watch. It makes me feel like a little kid again.

5. Gungrave You remember the mafia-ism from Cowboy Bebop? Focus on that, throw in the creators of Trigun, and you've got Gungrave. Stop and go action, with an immersive plot, and an amazing breathless ending, that will surprise you now matter what you think-- can't wait for the rest of the dvds to come out. And I've already watched it all once!

4. Trigun What can I say, except spoiler[Vash, you're a plant? WTF?] But what an awesome one. Such a badass, and such a klutz at the same time. My hero, I wish I could be like him.

3. Yu Yu Hakusho I can't believe I rate this one so highly. To be fair, it just so happens that this was one of the shows that turned me on to anime, so I'm probably very biased. I really think that this is the type of show that Dragonball Z should've been. I like DBZ, but I love YYH. spoiler[The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.]

2. Neon Genesis Evangelion Something doesn't have to make sense to be good. This one just happens to make no sense and be awesome. It's okay if the guy was insane, the fact that we think that in part makes it great.

1. Cowboy Bebop I wanted to put Samurai Champloo in my list. I figured I'd put it next to Bebop. And now, I'm out of room. So, Champloo is definitely noteworthy. But Bebop just outclasses everything else. Amazing characters, amazing plot, and an amazing style with jazz incorporated, makes this an amazing series--no, THE amazing series. I really think that nothing holds a candle to it. Very Happy

So that's it. Special thanks to those that didn't make the list, and thanks for reading!
Sharpe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hi all, first time poster, and fairly novice anime fan, but so far here is my list, which I reserve the right to revise as my anime experience broadens:

Favorites:

10) Trigun - I can't put my finger on it, but there is something that keeps me watching this. Maybe its the spikey hair.

9)Inuyasha - A great blend of everything - its entertaining to watch, fun fight scenes, imaginative, and I can indentify with the characters

8)Cowboy Bebop - This used to be higher up on my list, but has been displaced by titles that I consider more thought-provoking. Still this is a wonderfully entertaining series, and really helped me get into the world of anime.

7)Spirited Away - I don't know if this is considered anime, but Ill put it here anyway. A beautiful magical film, it reminded me why I like Harry Potter so much - it does a great job of bringing the viewer into a strange new world, and contrasting that world with what normal everyday hum-drum life.

6) Full Metal Alchemist - I love the story, I like the characters, and I enjoy the themes.

5) Rurouni Kenshin - Can't articulate why I like it, but I do Smile

4) Ghost in the Shell - The first movie was thought-provoking and still entertaining to watch. The series is just as entertaining. The second movie I like as well, although I had to watch it twice to figure out what happened (sort of like when I first saw the matrix).

3) Lodoss War - Because I used to play D&D this one struck a chord with me.

2) Princess Mononoke - The best all-around story-art-character package that I have seen.

1) Last Exile - The best series I have seen. The story drew me in, the world was interesting, the art was great, and the characters were identifiable. By far my favorite overall title.

Worst Few: I merely 'dislike' these, can't say I hate em:

1) Final Fantasy Spirit Within: I actually liked the story. And it was great animation. But what did it have to do with final fantasy?

2) DBZ: GT - huh?

3) Memories: I was dissapointed with this. The first short was alright, the second one merely OK, and the third did not reach its potential.
Neclord516

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about being retarded and not reading the whole sentence. I disagree that Gungrave is boring though. I thought the story was quite interesting and I liked the character development. The action was interesting and unique in its execution.
PMCRW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
cerealkilllerr wrote:
Well, what can I say? The only anime I have ever been exposed to was all on Cartoon Network. So, I don't have 10 favorite or 5 least, but I'll do my best.

Thats pretty sad.. Please someone give this person a dvd player, a gift card to best buy, and a Bittorrent program. Shocked

Mine are here. Everything after number one is a tie (these are just for series not including movies):

1. NGE - Hands down no discussions.

2. GoldenBoy - God anime is so inspiring. They need to make a movie already and bring back all the voice actors.

FLCL - Gainax rules

Naruto- i saw some guy said before that the story isnt developing and its moving too slow. Rolling Eyes Dude seriously please. This Anime series is never going to end and i for see this as being the next DBZ. The animation just keeps getting better, and if you read the manga you know that the anime stays true to it, and that the story does progress.

Midori No Hibi - Flat out amazing. I laughed and almost cried!

Cowboy Bebop- Speaks for itself

Samurai X - the OVAs i couldnt stand the series.

Hellsing - i thought it was pretty decent

Azumanga Diaoh - only have seen the first episode but damn it was funny

Scryed- Can't go wrong with the first bullitso

Escaflowne - i'm not really into fantasy style anime but i did enjoy this series.

Bible Black - heh heh heh

Kisaku Replay - Actually anything involving that guy is ridiculous Laughing

Excel Saga & Puni Puni Poemi are awesome too...

Theres more but i cant remember now...

As far as bad anime goes thought Sakura Diaries flat out made no sense. I was expecting something to happen to make me like this anime but damn it just sucks. I also agree with the person that said Ninja Ressurection sucked. I mean What happened there?? Did the studio just die or something?? Worse Anime Ever. I used to like DBZ, i admit i watched it religiously, but Cartoon Network made me hate it eventually. Frankly any Anime Cartoon Network airs I eventually hate unless i know about it before hand (<-- scared for Naruto Sad )

PMCRW
touka_koukan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:31 am Reply with quote
i only started watching animes like sometime last year which i cant really rmb when.. should be around middle of the yr? ah heck.. dun care.. i really love animes.. all that i've watched anyways.. they dun dun show much animes in my country.. and come to think of it.. all those animes that i'd watched are not all complete 1s.. i either missed our some episodes or i watched from the middle of the story or wad.. not 1 of them is i really watch from front to end.. still i love animes.. haha

since i haven watched much animes.. think i'll just have to rank those animes that i'd watched or still watching.. and its order may change.. when i watch more animes in the futre.. ^^ and i'll also include my fave characters from these animes.. sometimes they're the reason y i like these shows so much.. haha..

1. fullmetal alchemist-real good pictures, great plot, funny at times and can also be pretty heart-wrenching.. only watch it halfway.. but since got the vcds.. finally 1 anime i can fully watch from front to end.. haha.. [ed's really cute too! ^^]

2. last exile- still showing on tv.. at the 24th episode already.. missed out some of the epis cos cant get home soon enough to watch though it showed at 11pm at night.. >.< fantastic pictures!!! best graphics i think.. among those animes i'm watching now.. complicating plot with lots of character devlopments.. great show! [i just love dio!]

3. inuyasha- used to be my favourite.. that's b4 i saw FMA n last exile.. lols.. was so crazy about it that i went to search on the internet for all its epis' synopses and read it though the tv only showed till epi 26 for the show.. a lesson learnt.. nv read up on the epis.. no fun watching anymore cos alr know so many things.. haha.. but it's really hilarious.. [i know i know.. inuyasha is really baka but think he's still quite cute.. hahahs]

4. juuni kokki- i'm so sorry i missed out this 1!!! it's super nice.. though only started watching from middle n missed quite some epis.. political n mystical.. seems to teach us lots of values just as yoko learns them herself.. i like shows relating to anchient china.. maybe also due to juuni kokki's influence.. and the art's superb!![i like taiki.. cos i watched from his part of the story and at 1st i din know yoko's the main char till my fren told me.. lols]

5. fruits basket- actually i din really see the anime, but mostly read the manga.. but the anime is adapted from the manga so goes with the general story.. great blend of humor, romance and friendship.. real meaningful teaches me quite some things.. [n i love kyou.. (:]

6. gundam seed- the only gundam series that i've watched.. n it's everyday on my way to school.. if the bus got television.. so if the bus dun have, which happens quite often, i cant watch it n so missed losts of epis.. still think it's nice though.. lots of internal conflict among main characters.. but it's starting to get a little confusing.. still watching it.. as usual..[quite diff from the other 4 anime, the char i like most from this is cagali, which is a girl.. haha]

other animes which i'd watched, okay only some parts of it.. are quite nice but not really love it enough to make it to my list are:
shaman king(now showing on tv also)
one piece(watched on bus the last time n was extremely angry when they took it away to be replaced by a really stupid anime which i dunnno the title..)
fujishi yuugi(ehs saw on bus too.. hmmm did all these exposure to animes on bus spurred me on to love animes so much?lols)

animes which i dun really like:
hellsing(dun get wad they talking abt n stopped watching after 1 epi)
kiddy grade(erms.. as kiddy as the name suggests? basically no general storyline.. stop watching after 1 epi though graphics are cute)

dun really have an anime which i hate.. or except maybe u count the one which the tv company replaced one piece.. haha i dunno the name anyways.. but think it's about using some big robot thingy to fight aliens or wad.. sounds like ultraman or power rangers to me.. bleahs!~
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote
OK here goes my top favs:
1.) Berserk: I've always had a love for dark fantasy.
2.) Rurouni Kenshin. It was the first anime I started watching besides DBZ.
3.) Ranma 1/2. I love the random comedy and the (occasional) romance.
4.) Yu Yu Hakusho. The action's great and the themes are even better.
5.) Full Metal Panic. One word: Hilarious
6.) Fullmetal Alchemist. A great story with lovable characters.

Now to my least favorite:
1.) Dragonball GT. spoiler[We didn't need Goku to become a kid again.]
2.) Samurai Deeper Kyo. I love the manga, but the anime felt too rushed.
3.) Starship Operators. Watched a few episodes, but it didn't keep me interested.

Edit: times change and so does my list

Last edited by DemonEyesLeo on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
disciple666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Ok her is my list of all time fav anime in no order:

1.Naruto - ahh loud mouth ninja rinds me of me
2.Robotech - got me started in anime
3.Battle for the Planets - the first i ever say
4.Trigun - love and peace!!!
5.Ebichu - this is so wrong its funny
6.Last Exile - very well written
7.Bleach - good story, good plot
8.Yu-Gi-Oh - the American voices are not so bad
9.Ranma 1/2 - it would be my favorite, except i hate that loud mouth akane
10. Hellsing - vampires suck!!!

Worst:
lain - this falls under my WTF!!! catagory
Dragon Ball - (any of them) 2 months for a power up?
Paranoia Agent - another WTF anime
Inuyasha - he is fighting someone, let me guess spirit arrow then wind slash? ohhh big suprise!!!
tenshi (any of them) is this boy gay?

Not sure what to put this in:
Neon Genesis Evangelion - the first 1/2 is really good, but then all of a sudden it goes into the WTF catagory

Honorable mention:
Full Metal Panic - bunta-kuns are scarry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 122