• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Best Buy to Change DVD Strategy

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHurtBrad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I went to the Valparaiso, IN location today, dropped about $150 before tax and had their selection been a bit fuller (Lacked on very recent releases) I probably would've spent a bit more. I walked out with:

Hellsing Ultimate Vol #1 - #4
Claymore Vol #1 & #2 (Would've bought #3 had they had it)
Darker than Black Vol #1 (Would've bought 2 had they had it)
Fate Stay Night Complete Collection
Air Gear Complete Collection
Code Geass Parts I and II (Would've liked to have finished the series)

All in all, a very good haul. There really wasn't anything I wanted that I left without (That they had, anyways) and I consider that a good thing as I really didn't need to be spending that much money, let alone more.
ShinigamTakuto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
wooly mammoth wrote:
kylewasson wrote:
wooly mammoth wrote:
Can someone tell me if any stores in Maryland or Virginia are having this sale?

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=4&thread.id=2244598&jump=true

Here is the list - depending on where you live, there are 6 in Maryland and some stores mostly in Southern VA - not many in NoVA. Hope this helps you!

Thanks for the link I really appreciate it Very Happy . I think I'll head down to one of the stores near me tomorrow, I hope they have a good selection of stuff on sale.

Going to check out the leesburg store tomorrow, I wonder if any of those MD stores are having the sale.
kylewasson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy that the store I frequent (E. Spokane, WA - #355) is not a part of the clearance Very Happy. Although, when I called the store, the girl on the line thought they "might be a part of it, since N. Spokane (#362) is" - but I did not see any tags advertising the sale whatsoever.

We (me and my roommate) didn't really care about the sale (since we bought a bunch of DVD's at #362, and pretty much have everything they had in stock) and didn't ask the gal at the register about it - but at least my roommate was able to find the last season of Yu-Yu-Hakusho (S4), and it rang up as regular price ($24.99 + 8.7% sales tax = $27.17).

Now, the true test of it all...will the last volumes of Tsubasa, Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann be there on March 17th Question Only time & BB #355 will tell.

Last edited by kylewasson on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kylewasson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
ShinigamTakuto wrote:
wooly mammoth wrote:
kylewasson wrote:
wooly mammoth wrote:
Can someone tell me if any stores in Maryland or Virginia are having this sale?

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=4&thread.id=2244598&jump=true

Here is the list - depending on where you live, there are 6 in Maryland and some stores mostly in Southern VA - not many in NoVA. Hope this helps you!

Thanks for the link I really appreciate it Very Happy . I think I'll head down to one of the stores near me tomorrow, I hope they have a good selection of stuff on sale.

Going to check out the leesburg store tomorrow, I wonder if any of those MD stores are having the sale.

Okay, to answer your question:

* 1054 - Baltimore Inner Harbor, MD
* 801 - Chevy Chase, DC (still technically in MD)
* 1057 - Golden Ring, MD
* 1003 - Lexington Park, MD
* 1445 - Hagerstown, MD
* 772 - Salisbury, MD

You know, maybe I should check if my buddy in Manassas Park has spent his $75 gift card that I got him for x-mas yet...should tell him about the sale!

EDIT: Received an e-mail from him today (3/03), he already used it before the sale. Oh well...
sommer89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
belive it or not i complained online to best buy and they actualy called me. They said can you belive it we dont know why the selection of anime was cut. I was so pissed off. The store i go to was on the list but every best buy in my area was on the list as well. Talk about screwing northwest ohio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17