• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often do you watch the opening/ending of a series?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you watch the opening/ending of a series?
-Yes, I know the spambot problem was fixed but just in case....
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
-Never
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
-Sometimes
38%
 38%  [ 58 ]
-Usually
28%
 28%  [ 42 ]
-Always
16%
 16%  [ 24 ]
-I mostly only skip the openings
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
-I mostly only skip the endings
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
-The meaning of life is 42
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 149

SereneChaos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I watch every opening and ending at least once. I like most openings enough to not skip them, but I will if I'm pressed for time. I almost never skip endings because a surprising amount of series have a clip (usually comedic) at the end and I don't like to miss them. I'll usually minimize the window and do something else for a minute until it's done.
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
If I like the music, I'll watch the opening and ending every time. If I don't, I'll watch it once and then skip it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
I voted "Always." I would feel out of place if I didn't watch the opening or ending of any show.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Sometimes. If I don't have much time, I skip. If I like the song, I listen.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Judge Of Toyama wrote:
If I like the music, I'll watch the opening and ending every time. If I don't, I'll watch it once and then skip it.

What the Judge said is what I says.
Newshawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
If I'm watching streamed/online/VOD/DVRed anime, I'll watch the OP and the ED unless there's a lot of episodes of the same series to watch-then I'll skip the ED and preview to save some time. If I'm watching from a DVD/BD, I'll watch the first OP, then skip the ED of the first episode, then skip both OP and ED until the last episode, when I'll skip the OP and watch the ED.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Generally I listen to the opening music and the closing. I'd say I do this around 80-85% of the time. If there are ones I really like I listen to them every time. Hello Ah My Goddess or Black Lagoon. Now if it's one I really DON'T like it gets 1 listen and that's it. I'm a bit of a completionist so if I didn't listen to them all the way through at least once my OCD would act up.
Kamaduck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote
I tend to skip endings unless they're really good. Openings must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. When I watched Soul Eater, I never skipped the opening, since it was awesome. When I watched Inuyasha, I skipped almost all the openings, because they were lame. In practice I generally don't skip them unless I'm marathoning or the song is actually bad.

When I'm watching anime with other people, they always want to skip the openings. It doesn't seem to matter how glorious it is. Sad
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I usually watch a show's opening and ending sequences at least once, providing the song isn't ear-splitting. After that I skip them unless I really liked the song a lot or if the show's content runs into/takes over the opening/ending.

Closest poll option to that is "Sometimes".
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
In most instances, I only listen to the opening and ending songs of an anime once before I skip through them for later episodes of a series. Unless the sequence/ song sticks out strongly for me, I don't feel the need to waste a minute and a half to watch/ listen through the opener/ closer. In the case of this poll, I selected usually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bats_souther

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
I mostly skip the endings, since the intros for the shows I watch are rather good. Plus it helps to save time when I'm trying to watch loads of episodes at once.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if it's the same series I cut the OP/EDs between the first and last episode I watch. Otherwise it depends on how much time I have.
Sleverin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
It's all about the show. I'll never, ever skip the opening to Cowboy Bebop, it just fills my music loving heart with absolute glee. Outlaw Star, Woman Named Mine Fujiko...unless I don't remember which episode I'm on and have to jump a bit to the right episode I pretty much watch the opening/closings...I do kinda skip the endings a fair amount more though. I'm not really into the anime thing where they talk about the next episode, it's just kinda weird. Except in Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, where the gimmick was that they kept talking about how they were going to talk about the next episode, and for serious it was REALLY going to happen this episode, but it never did.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote
It depends. For shows currently airing, I always watch both opening and ending. OTOH, when I'm marathoning, I watch them both once in the first or second episode, and unless I really like the song or the animation, I skip them in the hopes of squeezing a couple more episodes to the same session.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quote
You don't have "almost never" so I selected "Never" There are a couple that I can accommodate, but most are irritatingly annoying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4