• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chitose Get You!! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Chitose Get You!! (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life
Themes: Public servants, school

Plot Summary: Eleven year old Chitose has the hots for an older man, deluding herself that a reciprocal affection exists. Her obsession puts her at odds with her home room teacher who may or may not actually be her nemesis.
----------------------------------

This looks to be a series of 3-minute riffs centered on a grade-school girl who has the hots for an adult man. Her own home room teacher seems to be something of a rival. Or maybe a nemesis.

After three episodes I can't say I am significantly amused or engaged. Since the episodes are so short it is more like a feeling "well no damage done." The jokes are predictable and have been seen too many times before.

Anyone here getting more out of it and care to write in?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I watch it because it passes the time even though its only 3 minutes.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 am Reply with quote
It's amusing, but the voice acting's pretty lousy(so far episode three's the best precisely because most of the punchlines aren't dialog-driven). The manga's tons better.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
It's cute. I'm watching for now.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode four's out and it seems to finally have hit its stride. I have to wonder why they're drawing Hinako's mouth as an 'X' while she's talking when the ED actually uses mouth flaps(the manga also has her mouth as an 'X' only when she's not talking).

That aside, the best of the this episode has to be the creeped out comments on CR. And though volume six will most likely never be animated, I'd love to see what their reactions would be to spoiler[Kashiwara's sister].
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
Turns out that not only is episode 5 taken from volume seven(using pieces of two chapters), but the final joke had its punchline excised(which involved a character not introduced until volume 6). Seems my initial impression that this was going to be a trainwreck of an adaptation was correct.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Turns out that not only is episode 5 taken from volume seven(using pieces of two chapters), but the final joke had its punchline excised(which involved a character not introduced until volume 6). Seems my initial impression that this was going to be a trainwreck of an adaptation was correct.

And it seems my impression that manga readers are a pain in the ass is correct. The last episode cracked me up and zounds! I haven't read the manga so I don't have a bunch of stupid expectations. How can a gag anime be a trainwreck? Rolling Eyes
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quote
I find the series cute to watch since it is only three minutes an episode. It's not high comedy at all but being just three minutes each is nice enough as something to watch in between other shows or even as a before work thing on Monday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah but asimpson2006 - THEY AREN'T FOLLOWING THE MANGA FAITHFULLY!!! How could you like this tripe? IT'S A TRAINWRECK!!! Rolling Eyes
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah but asimpson2006 - THEY AREN'T FOLLOWING THE MANGA FAITHFULLY!!! How could you like this tripe? IT'S A TRAINWRECK!!! Rolling Eyes

I never read the manga that deeply, like I checked out a chapter or two so if it is faithful to the source material I could care less. Even if I did follow the manga I am not always concerned if stays faithful to the manga unless it does something I do not agree with (the change with Mahoromatic in the second season is a good example though this is off topic so this is all I will say about Mahoromatic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
It's fun but not enough of it to get into. It's over the moment it begins.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I called it a trainwreck based on its own issues(many of which I've had since the beginning); I only brought up the volume numbers because my previous post had doubted the volume before it ever getting animated(I didn't even read the source chapters until after seeing the episode, so the jokes were entirely new to me). Yurumates also pulled material from all over the manga, but when an episode was pulled from a chapter that featured Sae's sister they had another character fill the role, instead of just removing it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Sorry, Polycell, but your post just niggled my "manga-anime comparison" hatred complex. Man, I just get so friggin' tired of coming into anime discussion threads just to be treated with manga comparison. I'm not a big manga reader. I really don't give a flying eff about them. I do like anime. I like anime discussion. I'd love to have anime discussion without constant, never-ending reference to source material but I guess it's just not really in the cards, is it?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6.

Was that extra-legal corporal punishment at the end there?
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote
It's not terribe, I mostly just watch it going into Humanity has Declined, like the cartoon before the main feature.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2