• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Wave High Advanced Model Tachikoma

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Boy Rob, you sure got gyipped on this one. Sixty dollars for that kind of quality is really disapointing. For that kind of cash, a more durable and overall product should have been expected.

But look at this way, compared to the not so wholesome figures of Rei and Asuka as cat girls, I think this figure was slightly better.
sarsman45

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I feel for you Rob. I would rather waste money on a non-articulated sega ufo catcher figure than a crappy expensive articulated figure any day. (especially since the price range is so far.)

Cant wait to see what else you review.... maybe the up and coming Rei and Asuka Maid figures or something from Good Smile Laughing
AllNiteRaver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
hahaha yeah leave the punishment to Krauser! go to DMC! hahaha

i was gonna go for that Tachikoma model but due to the finance, i settled down with the model kit, which i am much happier with. thanks to you and your review, i do not feel bad not purchasing that model at all. heh
suna_suna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Krauser strikes again. this needs to keep happening when you don;t like something
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
For the love of god, Rob, don't attack it with a baseball bat! Send it to The Chibi Project where it'll get a fitting and maybe even public execution! They know how to destroy Japanese toys right and often do "shows" at anime cons.

If you do smash take plenty of photos!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Seeing that final picture of Krauser taking advantage of the poor Tachikoma, all I can think of is a caption of Krauser's famous shout.
darkcancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
That was an amazing review. Your descriptive writing style had me cracking up the whole time. Not to be the one to wish this upon you, but I look forward to more crappy toys if it keeps articles like this one coming.
WorldofElegance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I am sad that this Tachikoma model was so crappy. I've always wanted to invest in one, and I'm glad I know better than to get this one now.

I guess I'll have to pony up for the metal Tachikoma figure now...
yblees

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
ROTFL!!
At least we got 100% worth of brilliantly articulate ranting that has absolutely made my day. Thank you Mr Bricken ! Laughing
Beryl7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Rob, I am so sorry about your anguish and wasted money (...such a terrible rip off), but boy do you write a fabulous column. I am going to have the phrase "Tachikoma ass" stuck in my head for days now.
I'd also personally love to see that kind of ending shot with Krauser for every bad toy in the future...priceless.

By the way, Emerje, thanks for the link to the Chibi Project. I have now found a new way to waste my precious time.
kman426

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that sucks. When I pay 50 bucks for my gundam models, I expect it to be great, and that's what i've gotten so far. I hope that never happens to me. Is it a Bandai model? Bandai make great Gundam models. I remember a long time ago I finished a master grade Gundam and I realized after I had built it that a claw extended from it's arm. I didn't even notice while I was building it, lol.
konkonsn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I've always wanted a Tachikoma figure, but (like anyone else) I have fifty other figurines I want to buy as well. But I have been looking at Tachikoma figures while browsing, and I saw this one a few times. It's definitely been in the back of my mind...

But not anymore. Anime smile
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Boy Rob, you sure got gyipped on this one. Sixty dollars for that kind of quality is really disapointing. For that kind of cash, a more durable and overall product should have been expected.

But look at this way, compared to the not so wholesome figures of Rei and Asuka as cat girls, I think this figure was slightly better.

Agreed. It's terribly disheartening to learn what seemed to be a well-made figure was in fact a poor-quality, albeit well disguised rip-off.

At least I've still got hopes for the Nedoroid ver.
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Krauser strikes again! Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
So what I'm getting is that if this was, say, six dollars, instead of sixty, it wouldn't be so bad for the price. Because to me it doens't look so bad, but you're right, I don't think I'd spend sixty dollars on something with such cheap materials.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2