• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Half-Lidded

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure the Berserk movie doesn't take up THAT much time Zac, I think you're really misremembering it.

I don't know which episodes were which for the tv series, but the movie only covers roughly volumes 4-6 of the manga. There are two more movies and still about 6 or 7 volumes of manga to go through before it reaches the point the tv series ended

Edit: Checked wikipedia, film stops off at about the same spot as episode 10 of the tv series.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I'm curious now Zac, what VN will you be playing, and why? Or is it a secret for some reason?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Pretty sure the Berserk movie doesn't take up THAT much time Zac, I think you're really misremembering it.

I don't know which episodes were which for the tv series, but the movie only covers roughly volumes 4-6 of the manga. There are two more movies and still about 6 or 7 volumes of manga to go through before it reaches the point the tv series ended

Edit: Checked wikipedia, film stops off at about the same spot as episode 10 of the tv series.

Yeah, I figured I wasn't remembering that right after the fact. I'm tired, man, what can I say. Still didn't like the film very much.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Ok, I'm curious now Zac, what VN will you be playing, and why? Or is it a secret for some reason?

It's fun that he actually answered my question but that aside I am s well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

Yeah, I figured I wasn't remembering that right after the fact. I'm tired, man, what can I say. Still didn't like the film very much.

Sokay, I understand. Sorry if I sounded like I was getting all obsessive fanboy all over you Wink

Edit: And Justin's wailing on Key the Metal Idol only makes me want to see it more now, oddly enough.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I was the one who talked to Stu Levy after the panel, and the anncast question was the first one out of the gate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAGSnx-S74

Fun episode, I sort of love the two of you just rambling at each other, just because you both have this knowledge base which I don't have access to, and it's cool to hear nerdery by people who know what they're talking about.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Great show this week. Man you guys sound tired you really derive the week off and having at least one thing off your plate. But I still can't wait till the next episode comes out!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Evo: Search for Evolution is not a JRPG its a sidescroller where you play a creature who evolves across the various times by using evo points to add various things to your body. It's pretty neat because you can eventually evolve into a human. You should definitly check it out the next time you have a SNES streaming night.
RogerSterling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
My new Fav thing is to hear the Pod-cast and listen to them trash the stuff I usually "Like" (Harem, Fan service, Topsy-turvy slice of life, ect).

I like that Zak & Justin basically handi-cap all the Drama & artsy-depressing shows - so I can clearly AVOID them.

I was excited about "Kids on the Slope" but hearing them talk about it made me stay clear and yet, they made me want to watch "Mysterious Girlfriend X" because of how creeped out they were.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
No show next week? NO SHOW NEXT WEEK?!

Have fun there, Zac. If that's possible, anyway.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, and Earthbound still hold up today. They were the best RPGs. We'll see if anybody gives a crap about Skyrim in 10 years.

I am ashamed to admit, but I used to watch Ally McBeal, and enjoyed it.

The ending of A Woman Named Fujiko Mine was flawed, but it was still pretty good, and the show was great overall.

DBZ Abridged is great, they do so much work into making that good, and it's pretty funny. Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged is decent. Most others are terrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, and Earthbound still hold up today. They were the best RPGs. We'll see if anybody gives a crap about Skyrim in 10 years.

I am ashamed to admit, but I used to watch Ally McBeal, and enjoyed it.

The ending of A Woman Named Fujiko Mine was flawed, but it was still pretty good, and the show was great overall.

DBZ Abridged is great, they do so much work into making that good, and it's pretty funny. Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged is decent. Most others are terrible.

I would add Final Fantasy IV, V, and especially Seiken Densestu 3 (a game with massive replaybility due to the fact that the main plotline changes depending on who your main character is, 9 characters to choose from, and the ability to evolve your characters into several different forms)

As for Abridged series, even DBZ Abridged seemed to hang on to making characters revolve around one joke (though I did give up after the first season) although I don't think it ever got to be as bad as Bandit Keith.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
penguin: I'd like FFVI if it had a more satisfying ending.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
As for my favorite crappy action movie, it's gotta be Never Too Young To Die. Cool
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and attempted anime I would've liked to see include Lupin VIII and the Satoshi Kon Batman.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6