• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5pb.'s Robotics;Notes TV Anime Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Nice previrew. I wouldn't be surprised if the next PV had the OP song and showed the robot fights. Also interesting staff but with the sengoku basara director and the steins gate writer im looking forward to this even more so then before!
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Nice previrew. I wouldn't be surprised if the next PV had the OP song and showed the robot fights. Also interesting staff but with the sengoku basara director and the steins gate writer im looking forward to this even more so then before!

I'm guessing the song they showed in the trailer might be the ending at least. Because it's the ending song for the game or at least one of them.

Also about the robots... spoiler[After the match in chp 1 of the VN all you really see is Kaito playing against people in the game on his tablet. It takes them over half a year to build the robot, and only the last two chps of the game have anyone piloting it for real.]

@ the slice of life thing

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but, the game is mostly slice of life. Even during each character route it's not as exciting as S;G. Chps 1-5 are the common route with the end of 5 being Nae's route, 6 is Junna (the girl in the karate club), chp 7 is Frau (the blonde haired otaku), chp 8 is Airi (loli). With chps 9 - 12 being the true end (Akiho)

The game doesn't pick up till chp 8 and goes out with a bang in the last two chps. Which are the most interesting parts of the story by far.

Last edited by ninjapet on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
That sounds fine to me. Not everything has to be some deep story with grimdark and rage etc. Slice of life can be good too.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
What's the consensus of the VN so far? I'd imagine Robotics;Notes is going to have a tough act to follow after Steins;Gate.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Agreed. I loved S;G but i have a feeling i'll like R;N a lot. Question @ninjapet how does it compare to S;G?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
Personally if you're in to mecha and the idea of building one along with computers you'll enjoy R;N as you did S;G.

It's hard to compare to the two since S;G was time travel while R;N is well robots. Someone who might have liked the time travel and science in S;G might not like the science and more down to earth approach R;N has.

In terms of pacing though S;G>R;N. I just really hated the pacing in R;N it's really all over the place and doesn't give a very good sense of this is how much time they spent building the robot. Because as I said before it takes them over 6 months to build it. But an in-game day can go by quickly or you skip over things since you might only need to do x amount to hit a flag. Also each chp tends to be like a week+ and it doesn't feel like it at all.

Really things don't get mind blowingly interesting till Airi shows up in the second half of the game. Even then she only really starts the plot up on the lead up to her route. Since she's the main reason you use the AR system in the game outside of nekomini mode.
drale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I am interested to see how the pacing will be in the anime compared to the VN. I like the SoL so it wasn't that bad for me, but I could see why some would get frustrated; especially after playing S;G or C;H.

That being said this is a really good cast and production group so I have high hopes, plus it's a 2 quarter anime so it won't get rushed like C;H did.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
This is so much less psychological compared to C:H and S:G. The psychological aspect is exactly what made those games/shows good.

Speaking as a graduate who majored in Psychology, can someone explain to me what the hell this means?
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game doesn't pick up till chp 8 and goes out with a bang in the last two chps. Which are the most interesting parts of the story by far.

If the pacing of R;N anime is the same as pacing S;G anime,can you guess which episodes will cover from chp 8 ?
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
青白 wrote:
This is so much less psychological compared to C:H and S:G. The psychological aspect is exactly what made those games/shows good.

Speaking as a graduate who majored in Psychology, can someone explain to me what the hell this means?

I'm guessing the amount of mental trauma isn't as great as it was in the last two games?

ngl Akiho kinda has it worse than a few other characters spoiler[Due to the events that happened to her and Kaito when they were young she gets in to emotional break downs / fits if something triggers her. It happens a few times to her during the game, the first one being in chp 1 and Kaito is the only one who can help her with it.]
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

If the pacing of R;N anime is the same as pacing S;G anime,can you guess which episodes will cover from chp 8 ?

If it's getting 22 eps since that's how much two season shows in the block get. Then I'm guessing each chp of the game is getting about 2 eps give or take. Since there's 12 chps in total for the VN.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

If it's getting 22 eps since that's how much two season shows in the block get. Then I'm guessing each chp of the game is getting about 2 eps give or take. Since there's 12 chps in total for the VN.

Yeah thanks.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
It's more SOL? What the hell, one of the reasons I liked the Chaos;Head VN (and why I'm really excited to watch Steins;Gate) is because they actually have a little thing called PLOT.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
I was originally interested in this series...until I saw the robot. I still can't get past the design.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping this will be as good as Steins;Gate but this series' trailer sure looks interesting for the upcoming Fall season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3