• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers Owner Taking Down YouTube Videos

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
i doubt there is a chance the person can win.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Digimontamerfreak wrote:
i doubt there is a chance the person can win.

Well if it's like those mash up spoofs similar to what the user know as Wing Kuriboh did with the Yugioh series, I'm preety sure she could win in court since that user did. That it if she was born here in the US that is,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
It said that it was the first episode of Super Samurai so I'm assuming that it was just the episode, no edits. If it was some kind of mashup thing, then it's one thing. If the former, then she's got nothing.

This title was a little misleading as I thought that it was taking down all videos with Power Rangers in it. There are some tribute music videos that I love and the alternate opening songs for Power Rangers RPM that I love and would hate to see gone.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Anyone get an aneurysm from reading that persons counterclaim?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
x.x Took me about three times to read that, and even then some parts of that is still hard to translate.
Quark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
x.x Took me about three times to read that, and even then some parts of that is still hard to translate.

The most important thing is that she busted out the "UR JUST JELLUS!" argument. Yes, dear, the producers of the show are jealous of your YouTube views.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
Apparently nobody's ever defined "non sequitur" for the woman.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
UR JUST JELLUS!

Is this comedy? This is comedy ... right? Anime dazed
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
if they are looking for publicity they are getting it
but they should question themselves if they really want it

they should have just taken the video down again
but now I have to read about some more MPAA RIAA crap suing some woman living in india
well, saban makes money off children so I guess they wont be too influenced by this
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
This person clearly has no concept of what copyright laws are. Because it's pretty much an case that will get an hour at most, due to her clearly uploading unedited airings of the show.

I don't know about India's laws, but most countries that have copyright laws would just laugh at this woman with the excuse that she gave.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
I, too, thought all Power Rangers videos were going to be taken down due to the misleading title.

Anyway, wow... That woman... Her argument is no argument at all and there's no way she's going to win this case.
zr2008

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:

No, they are from India, I expect that kind of grammar and spelling. Some of the posts in this thread look like they had the same English teacher though
KarmaRocketX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:

they should have just taken the video down again
but now I have to read about some more MPAA RIAA crap suing some woman living in india

I just...

wha....

I mean...

how do....

Are you a 7 year old? I suspect you are, judging how unbelievably ignorant you are.

First of all.... The MPAA is a ratings board for films. This is not a film. It is a television show. The RIAA is an industry representing musical recording artists and music labels. Again, this is a Television show, not a Nickelback CD.

So, please inform me of what the hell your point is even supposed to be here.

This is piracy. There's no defending it. Uploading copyrighted material, like an entire episode of a television show, is not only strictly illegal, but everyone who signs up for Youtube MUST agree to terms and conditions stating that they will not upload copyrighted material.

So, they are clearly breaking laws by doing this, that the user must agree to in order to use the service. By doing so, Saban is absolutely, 100% justified to seek legal action against ANYONE who does so, forced to protect their intellectual property from thieves. Hate to tell you this, but anyone suing this clearly very stupid woman, is undoubtedly in the right, here.

potatochobit wrote:

well, saban makes money off children so I guess they wont be too influenced by this

Make money off of childr-- *facepalm*

You can't be this stupid. Are you really? Are you just trolling? I would feel much better about the state of humanity's potential of intelligence in general if you were actually purposefully trolling and not serious.

I find it difficult to even quantify all of the reasons in which why this is the stupidest comment I may have read in years.

I'll try.

1. .....Saban airs entertainment specifically tailored for a specific demographic age group. And this is somehow a bad thing.... how? I'm sorry, but what part of this is supposed to be "making money off of children."

2. Technically, your statement isn't even correct. In all honesty, they don't make a dime "off of children." They make money from broadcasters, and advertisers, and licensors and also with the cable bills that the parents, legal guardians and heads of households in homes actually pay said cable bills to PROVIDE television product into their homes FOR their children.

But no child ever technically pays for cable television themselves, or even Power Ranger based toys. Not even with an allowance, seeing as children's allowances come from the pockets of parents as well.

Argument down the toilet.

and lastly 3. How in the seven layers of hell does "making money off of children" (even if that were true, as i've explained that it is not), even survive the gaping jump in logic from this, to somehow bafflingly defending the completely irrelevant act of purposefully committing blatant piracy?

Please, answer these questions. Because I have a feeling that the answers I get will be very entertaining.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote
If you're going to use terms like "unbelievably ignorant", it helps not to come off that way yourself.
KarmaRocketX wrote:
First of all.... The MPAA is a ratings board for films. This is not a film. It is a television show. The RIAA is an industry representing musical recording artists and music labels. Again, this is a Television show, not a Nickelback CD.
The Motion Picture Association of America has a ratings board, but it's basically the RIAA for Hollywood. Neither would be involved in this case, though.
Quote:
This is piracy.
Pirates are hostis humani generis. One state cannot try a person for violating another's copyright laws, so there's absolutely no comparison outside propaganda.
Quote:
There's no defending it.
Google "Against Intellectual Monopoly"; there's plenty defending it.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
KarmaRocketX wrote:
You can't be this stupid. Are you really? Are you just trolling?

I'm not going into specifics, but I want to make a correction to your post: it is not illegal to upload copyright material.

It is illegal to distribute it and even this has its limits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3