• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Basara's Yumi Tamura Starts Iromen Manga Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Someone bring 7SEEDS over, dammit!

Everything Tamura writes is pretty much perfect. This sound just as great. Too bad America can't get exposure to most of her stuff since it's mindblowingly amazing.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Also, Tomoe has not been released in English. Only Basara, Chicago and Wild Com.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I read that as "Ironman".
domino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Graceful Nanami wrote:

Everything Tamura writes is pretty much perfect.

Seconding both of these things. Tamura is a genius that doesn't get nearly as much attention as she deserves.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
Graceful Nanami wrote:

Everything Tamura writes is pretty much perfect.

Seconding both of these things. Tamura is a genius that doesn't get nearly as much attention as she deserves.

Those French editions of 7 seeds are mocking me on amazon. I know I only have a grade 12 core french (finally a benefit to being an anime/manga fan in Canada) but I'm sure I could understand most of what they're saying. I'm seriously considering getting them if someone doesn't translate them into English sometime SOON.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
I wish someone would license rescue Basara, it's been OOP for so long now and some of the volumes are near-impossible to get (or at least afford). On the subject of underappreciated shoujo mangaka, I wish they'd release more of Reiko Shimizu's stuff in English (she's the author of Moon Child).
littlefleur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Odd that the article doesn't mention 7 Seeds. It is really a crime that it hasn't been published in English. Maybe because it doesn't really fit into any specific genre, although it is published in a josei magazine. The art isn't the trendy moe stuff either, which is an unfortunate strike against it. Still it is so brilliant. I'd buy it, even though I get most of my manga through the library.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I wish someone would license rescue Basara, it's been OOP for so long now and some of the volumes are near-impossible to get (or at least afford). On the subject of underappreciated shoujo mangaka, I wish they'd release more of Reiko Shimizu's stuff in English (she's the author of Moon Child).

I agree! Shimizu has such a beautiful/creepy aura around her stories. I'll forever love CMX for bringing Moon Child over but none of her other works have. It's such a shame.

And yeah, I bought all of Basara many years ago and even then it took me a long time to actually find volumes 17 and 21. Ugh. I still remember my bank account yelling at me...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1