• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Whiplash

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
A recurring joke on how the main female is constantly walked in on taking a bath or shower by the main male lead on accident and she calls him a pervert and throws him out. It often shows her completely nude, bare butt, chest, etc.

So basically a bunch of 10 year olds naked and in sexual humor situations. Couldn't even air that on Adult Swim, so you'd have to go HBO or something; assuming you didn't get arrested for loli charges before then.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, we don't like any nudity in the US, no matter what age the people are. Still wouldn't fly to have Dragonball uncut, at least not on Nickelodeon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
"Think of the bunny."

I have to say, Zac, that little snippet was adorable and hilarious for me.

Really liked this podcast, sad I haven't been keeping up with ANNCast.

The highlight of Sheppard as a badass female video game character was another fantastic slice from the second half of the show.

Actually, the entirety of the discussion on the video game community, sub-culture, whatever one calls it, was thought-provoking and left me with a very happy, even hopeful feeling.

I stopped playing video games a few years ago (In part because it wasn't as much fun playing solo as it was with friends), but now I've become hesitant to try and rejoin it in any capacity, partially for the reasons you guys so aptly touched on.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
It's wild in the video game community, but there are lots of fun and positive experiences you could be missing out on if you still have an interest in video games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
The highlight of Sheppard as a badass female video game character was another fantastic slice from the second half of the show.

In keeping with this theme, I think that this this article about a very kick-ass, but atypical character in Borderlands 2 might be of interest. (via Escher Girls)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14