• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will you ever stop watching anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you ever stop watching anime?
You may take my life, but you'll never take my animu!
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Yes - plan to stop watching it eventually. (Marriage, career, studies, etc.)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
No - even if my life becomes very busy, I'll try to fit one episode here and there.
68%
 68%  [ 100 ]
No - I'd go as far as to move things in my life around so I can watch more anime.
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 147

Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Went with the first option (it made me laugh!). They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I won't stop watching anime (the same goes for video game). Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
None of the above.

I've been watching anime for almost 15 years now and have no plans to stop anytime soon. However, I've had other interests that I followed intensly simply taper off and end. My basic answer is "no idea".

I went with "No - even if my life becomes very busy, I'll try to fit one episode here and there." but my answer is more akin to Alan's. I don't expect or plan to stop watching anime, but I can't predict the future. I won't move around other aspects of my life, such as family, friends, gf, etc, just to make room for anime. People come first, as does my new job. However I certainly plan to try and find time for anime. Provided of course there remains shows I want to watch. If companies start producing more and more crap shows that don't interest me....well who knows.
LanceC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
If there is no good anime left I will stop, but there are so much good anime series out there. How can I stop watching?
born2die

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote
You will never take away my animu!

Run by these laws, run run run
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/more_htm/jk_100animeRules.htm
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 am Reply with quote
None of those choices are particularly applicable to me. If I ever stop watching, it won't be a conscious decision on my part.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
You know, I haven't thought of this possibility when I answered this question... but (like others said) if new anime ceased to be made or only shows that I dislike, I'd eventually stop watching. Maybe I shouldn't take it for granted that new shows with the quality of Chihayafuru, FMA, Nana, Ghibli movies, Cross Game, etcetera, will be made.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
Sure, if I go blind, I'll have to stop watching. Or, I could end up in the poor house with no TV or computer. But other than that I don't foresee not watching it anytime soon.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:20 am Reply with quote
I picked the third one, for reasons already explained before:

Touma wrote:
There is no correct option there for me.

I do not plan to stop watching anime, and I do not understand why anybody would plan to stop watching it if they are still enjoying it, but I never know when I might just lose interest in anime.

I doubt that I ever will lose interest because anime is so diverse that not watching anime would be like not watching any entertainment at all. No matter what genres or types of stories I am interested in at any time I can always find something in anime that will satisfy me.

If I'll stop enjoying anime one day, of course I'll stop watching. The current me might get a bit sad at the idea, but future me would probably have a good reason for doing so or just found something else that she prefers, which will make the decision perfectly fine.

I doubt I'll ever loose interest in fiction as a whole, and I've always been fascinated with sequential art and animation, but who knows what will make me happy in 20 years from now, and that's what I intend to be doing then.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:42 am Reply with quote
Nahhh
TheGrayGhost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
There is no correct option there for me.

I do not plan to stop watching anime, and I do not understand why anybody would plan to stop watching it if they are still enjoying it, but I never know when I might just lose interest in anime.

I doubt that I ever will lose interest because anime is so diverse that not watching anime would be like not watching any entertainment at all. No matter what genres or types of stories I am interested in at any time I can always find something in anime that will satisfy me.

I kind of agree with Touma here. While I don't plan on stop watching anime, I understande that interests go up and down. Like right now I'm watching alot of Batman: The animated series, but I also decided to rewatch Black Lagoon a few days ago.

I think there will be periods for everyone when they will be more or less interested in anime. It just depends on how your life goes on I guess haha.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
There's no way to know how I'll be in the future, but from my present perspective, not watching anime is entirely out of the question. Even when I'm in my busiest times (aka finals) I manage to at least keep up with the streaming series I'm watching, and even squeeze an episode or two from my eternal backlog here and there; plus four-five weekly manga I follow and six-seven monthly, and the random BL short manga that crosses my path. I'm usually willing to forfeit sleeping hours/delay some schoolwork for the sake of keeping up with my daily anime/manga schedule
BesuDesu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
“Freedom lies in watching anime.” - Robert Frost (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what he said. Yup.)
partysmores

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
"Anime is the key to success in your life." - Albert Einstein

Seriously you guys he really did say that look it up coughI'mlyingcough

Anyways, never.
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I'll lapse a little but I always come back stronger than before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4