• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Until Death Do Us Part GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suena

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
"Too much science-talk in places."

Is it real-science talk, or fake-science talk? Or is just the fact that it's science-y bad?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I ran it by my brother-in-law, who is way more science-y than me, and he says that most of it is actually relatively legit. Some of it is definitely science-y bad, though...but mostly it just gets in the way of blowing stuff up and slows the story down.
moshi-moshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi! Yes, have read it and mostly agree with what Rebecca is saying. Although, I wouldn't say that Haruka fades so completely out of the picture. Her presence is unobtrusive yet relevant. Haven't read many action manga, so not much material to compare with but the art in this one impressed. The way the bodies are depicted is realistic and in some instances made me pause for a while admiring the coolness of the pose or the whole scene. There is a lot of vitality coming off the pages. The story has definitely a lot of energy to propel it forward. The action can be compared to 007 maybe, as there are always guns involved and bullet count is high but Mamoru's sword is in the class of its own! Also, if you like reluctant heros, Mamoru is your man. I wanted to read it at a slower pace to "save" the book but couldn't. Waiting impatiently for the omnibus volume 2 in September. I hope there is no anime coming, or if there is, then by the time the story has finished.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
This sounds really promising, I should look into picking this up, scifi international intrigue action sounds right up my alley and as a scifi fan even the in-depth possibly lengthy at times scifi is another plus for me rather than a potential negative.

I'm very glad for this review, as the reviewer said I might have passed on it.

Agreed, the review makes this sound really cool so if they do an anime (which I kinda hope they will based on this review and the sound of the action) hopefully they'll wait until the manga is finished/almost finished, recently they have been started too soon leaving us with merely 13 eps of bigger stories.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
Same, I'm also thinking about picking this manga up soon as it seems to be sort of my taste and contains great action. The title does look a bit misleading but this review sums it up quite well. I also wonder if this has similar themes of the manga, Psyren.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1