• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
English VA Pseudonyms

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Is it supposed to be assumed that if the pages aren't already linked that the actors have requested it specifically? I ask because I ran across David Brimmer, J. David Brimmer, and Michael Alston Baley, and those are the same person, but under different pages. This one in particular is especially weird since all three "people" are credited as playing Lt. Yamamoto in Captain Tylor.

I just don't know what the protocol is in these situations. I know tempest has said that the Encyclopedia will respect the actor's rights to have their aliases separated, but how am I supposed to know if an actor has requested it or if it's actually a mistake? There are a few more I've noticed, but there's not point in listing them all out until I know more about the situation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1