• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lupin VIII (TV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Should LUPIN VIII really be listed in the encyclopedia? It was never official released. Not even a dub track. The encyclopedia should only list anime that are actually view-able and existent as in released to watch.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Aoi_Sakaraba wrote:
The encyclopedia should only list anime that are actually view-able and existent as in released to watch.
If anything, the fact that this show was produced but never released makes it even more important that the encyclopedia should have it listed. How else will people know about its existence?

The encyclopedia should be the most extensive resource on anime. Taking out entries just because nobody can watch the anime in question seems counterproductive to what any encyclopedia should aim to be.

Look at it another way, does the entry's existence detract from the encyclopedia? The way I see it, this entry only serves to inform anybody who comes across it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Tag "cancelled" added. Currently we've got 12 cancelled titles in the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
Perfect! Clever way to keep the canceled/completely unaired & unobtainable anime known.

Props
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1