• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Panty & Stocking DVD Plus Black Lagoon Blu-rays Released Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Just a note about Panty & Stocking, the last disc is faulty. Episodes 11-13 all cut off before they're actually supposed to end (including the post credits finale of the last episode being cut out).

And the BBFC passed it as an 18 with no cuts, so it wasn't deliberate.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Just a note about Panty & Stocking, the last disc is faulty. Episodes 11-13 all cut off before they're actually supposed to end (including the post credits finale of the last episode being cut out).

And the BBFC passed it as an 18 with no cuts, so it wasn't deliberate.

oh wow didn't/couldn't see the tweet cause they got me blocked.
Bob from Accounting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(According to the BBFC website, the 18 rating was due to content in episodes 5 to 8 of the series, which "contained strong sex references and very strong language.")

Seriously? Is that it? I swear, if this show wasn't animated, then strong language and sex references would never be enough to warrant an 18.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Bob from Accounting wrote:
Quote:
(According to the BBFC website, the 18 rating was due to content in episodes 5 to 8 of the series, which "contained strong sex references and very strong language.")

Seriously? Is that it? I swear, if this show wasn't animated, then strong language and sex references would never be enough to warrant an 18.

If anything, the BBFC tend to let animated things get off easier. For example, despite all the nudity, Strike Witches is a 12 and Elfen Lied is only a 15.
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
Bob from Accounting wrote:
Quote:

Actually I think they sometimes apply an 18 rating for the use of the C-word that means vulva and vagina in certain contexts or more than a certain number of times?
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Highschool of the Dead is only a 15 as well.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Remember that Manga used to increase their BBFC ratings simply by amping up the language in their dubs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Ok why did they forget to add the Omakes to Black Lagoon BDs or is this just yet another screw over by the English distros?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1