• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Listing of past articles sometimes doesn't work

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed recently that when I try to view any page that lists past articles (e.g. animenewsnetwork.com/views/recent or animenewsnetwork.com/the-mike-toole-show/), the page will fail to load and instead I will get a message saying an unexpected error occured (along with a picture of Nina). If I refresh the page, it will generally load correctly after a few tries. Since refreshing the page will generally always make it load eventually, this isn't a big problem, but I thought I would report it anyway. I'm using IE 8 and am on the fast server if either of those might be related to the issue.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Is this happening all of the time?

I'm on Firefox 14.0.1 and both links worked for me first time.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens the majority of the time when I first try to access any page like that. The page will always load eventually if I try several times, and sometimes they will work on the first try. As far as I can tell, once it does load correctly, it will still work if I then refresh the page, but if I close the tab and then open the link again, it usually won't work on the first try once again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1