• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Professor Layton: The First Movie's 2 Teasers Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I hope that the plot will be different from the one featured in the games, since players already know how that turned out. I wonder if they'll be able to work the puzzle-solving into it at all. I can see this being really tricky to adapt without losing the spirit of the original.
sfried

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
WHERE ARE OUR SEQUELS, NINTENDO?! Already both Pandora's Box and The Last Time Travel are out in Japan, and now they're releasing a Layton animated feature and a live action movie...What's take them so long?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
WHERE ARE OUR SEQUELS, NINTENDO?! Already both Pandora's Box and The Last Time Travel are out in Japan, and now they're releasing a Layton animated feature and a live action movie...What's take them so long?

At least there is a better chance of Nintendo actually licensing sequels than Mother Three. Seventeen years later and the game still hasn't been licensed.
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:

^This. I want the second game so bad Anime hyper I'm wondering if they're just having a hard time localizing it.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
This is gonna be great! An anime movies (titled The First Movie, so we know theres more on the way too) and a live action movie? That is exciting. I just finished this game a couple days ago actually. Layton is a wonderfull character, I cant wait to see him on the screen!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KendoGirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the first game - pity the second and third haven't made it into English yet! Anime hyper

I'm excited for the movie, I really liked the animation style in the cut scenes. I saw a french movie on the Tour de France a few months ago which was in a similar style... A live movie would be cool too~
sfried

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
KendoGirl wrote:
I saw a french movie on the Tour de France a few months ago which was in a similar style...
I'm guessing that was The Triplets of Belleville, which seems to be the inspiration for Layton's artstyle?
KendoGirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
KendoGirl wrote:
I saw a french movie on the Tour de France a few months ago which was in a similar style...
I'm guessing that was The Triplets of Belleville, which seems to be the inspiration for Layton's artstyle?

Yes, I think that was it. I hate cycling but couldn't stop watching the film, even though it screened after midnight on a weeknight - I was a living zombie the next day at work Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1