Forum - View topic
NEWS: East Coast Convention Staffer Eric Murray Reported Missing




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ljaesch



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 296
Location: Enumclaw, WA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
How awful! I hope they're able to find him safe and sound somewhere.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and colleagues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Apollo-kun



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 1048
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
An uncommon occurrence, for sure. I hope the guy's alright, and my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sorakirei



Joined: 26 Feb 2003
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
In the wonderful news department Eric has been found!!!

https://www.facebook.com/​photo.​php?​fbid=​511470712212784&​set=​a.​103331556360037.​7623.​100000495796324&​type=​1&​theater&​notif_t=​photo_reply
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
sorakirei wrote:
In the wonderful news department Eric has been found!!!

https://www.facebook.com/​photo.​php?​fbid=​511470712212784&​set=​a.​103331556360037.​7623.​100000495796324&​type=​1&​theater&​notif_t=​photo_reply


Glad to hear he's OK, question is how did he went missing in the first place?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
sorakirei wrote:
In the wonderful news department Eric has been found!!!

https://www.facebook.com/​photo.​php?​fbid=​511470712212784&​set=​a.​103331556360037.​7623.​100000495796324&​type=​1&​theater&​notif_t=​photo_reply


Glad to hear he's OK, question is how did he went missing in the first place?


Definitely glad. According to the facebook link he was recently discharged from a hospital in Windsor, Ontario and it mentioned its quite possible no one could reach him because his cell phone was dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ljaesch



Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 296
Location: Enumclaw, WA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear that he was found! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mdo7
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!It...it's not like I post for you or anything!


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5888
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
sorakirei wrote:
In the wonderful news department Eric has been found!!!

https://www.facebook.com/​photo.​php?​fbid=​511470712212784&​set=​a.​103331556360037.​7623.​100000495796324&​type=​1&​theater&​notif_t=​photo_reply


Glad to hear he's OK, question is how did he went missing in the first place?


Definitely glad. According to the facebook link he was recently discharged from a hospital in Windsor, Ontario and it mentioned its quite possible no one could reach him because his cell phone was dead.


Hence why a missing person report was filed. That does make sense, but I'm glad he's OK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aereus



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 449

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote
I first found out about this from a Staff ML I'm on. I was relieved to see he was found so quickly. I remember working with him at a convention before, and seeing him at numerous others. So it really brings it home when you actually know the person too.

It's not really THAT important, but I do wonder how he ended up in a hospital in Windsor instead of Detroit, as he was going to a convention in Pontiac (a suburb of Detroit) apparently. I guess maybe he was going to take Highway 401 and cut across Canada, and something happened obviously.

I have to imagine something happened to his phone, otherwise I can't imagine they wouldn't try charging it and/or turn it on to see if people were calling to wonder about him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoseTech



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
It's not really THAT important, but I do wonder how he ended up in a hospital in Windsor instead of Detroit, as he was going to a convention in Pontiac (a suburb of Detroit) apparently. I guess maybe he was going to take Highway 401 and cut across Canada, and something happened obviously.

The Facebook link says that he was first going to an associate's home in Pittsburgh, before going to Pontiac. If this information is correct, then he wouldn't be taking the 401.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cche7



Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear he's been found.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Clyde_Cash



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
He wasn't hopped up on bath salts, was he?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanteikingdomkey



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 1562

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I used to lived in the city next to Pontiac and I can tell you I would never go into Pontiac, it is to dangerous since the manufacturing jobs left the city. something probably happened to him in Pontiac and Detroit couldn't handle it very well or his insurance didn't work there and the closest place was in Windsor. which is only an hour and a half away
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rob24



Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Glad he got home safely. I just find it crazy that he was in a hospital in Windsor haha xD Seeing that's where I'm from and let me tell ya. No wonder he's been gone so long. The health care in Windsor is garbage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
InuNaruPokeAlchemist



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 233
Location: Amestris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I see this guy all the time when I'm at Tekkoshocon. I'm so glad he's safe and sound. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group