• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Code Geass: Akito Volume Slated for Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iCards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
So Gundam UC and Akito for Spring. Sunrise must like this type of schedule for their OVA's.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
That is good to know, I guess, but what I'd really like to find out is where this "August 26th" home video release date for the first volume comes from, since it's not on the official Japanese page for this OVA series.

That date has been stated in the last couple of articles without providing a concrete source, as if we were dealing with some sort of commonly known fact, but the opposite is true at the moment. Especially since the discs haven't shown up for pre-order on places like Amazon.jp and similar sites, which should have already happened and/or should be happening shortly if that date is to be believed. At worst it'll just be a wrong date, but hey...it's worth asking the question.

Then again, if it's correct, maybe this relative secrecy is tied to some other upcoming announcement? It would still be a bit weird though, but whatever. Stranger things have happened.
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
Man, I really want to see this. I doubt it will show up on Crunchyroll, so I guess I'll have to wait for the disk. I wonder who in the US will get this (since it's Code Geass, I'm sure it will be licensed) seeing as Bandai doesn't do in house in north america anymore.

I also wonder whether they'll do singles or wait for the whole thing to come out. I'm guessing the latter. What are they doing with Gundam Unicorn (for precedent)?
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
What are they doing with Gundam Unicorn (for precedent)?

So far, direct release (BD-only, due to region coding) of the singles from Japan. Luckily it seems the prices are close enough they haven't bothered with shipping restrictions yet, but I wouldn't be too shocked if that changed for volumes 6 or 7.

Would they be willing to do that for Akito? Maybe. Will it be dubbed? I would figure it has a much lower chance of seeing one if released directly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1