• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often does your TRSI order get damaged?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
EpicLotus wrote:
I love their shipping boxes with the DVD-case-sized cardboard insert that protects the whole shebang from moving.

Yes, those things are great. I wonder why TRSI is the only place I've seen use them?

Kruszer wrote:
If you are having trouble with lots of damaged orders:
*Try including the fact that you want them to pack the order better and more securely in the Notes section. Isn't that sort of thing what that text box on the shipping page is for? It's worth a try, no?

You believe customers should have to make a special request for proper packaging? I wouldn't think so and I doubt TRSI would, either.

shawnek wrote:
Drop me a note with your contact information. I'll add a note to your account for you...

Translation: I'll flag your account as a "problematic customer." Wink
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Are you serious? shawnek's helped people out multiple times, when they've posted problems to the forums. I've never had problems with damage to my packages, but when we've had problems with our orders (including the wrong item being added to it), a simple e-mail to TSRI has always gotten it fixed immediately.
CheechMonger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
The only damages that I've ever had with anything ordered from TRSI was the occasional floater disc, which was promptly replaced after I contacted customer service.
GDFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
@Dessa
Are you replying to me? If so, well, even if you weren't, of course I wasn't serious. I was making a joke, albeit a poor one. I thought that was obvious.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
On your website, you should have something set up so you can buy empty DVD cases.

They used to carry them so it makes me wonder if they either sold out or felt the sales didn't warrant a continuation.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You believe customers should have to make a special request for proper packaging? I wouldn't think so and I doubt TRSI would, either.

No, what I believe is that if you're having lots of damaged items from a place that numerous other people have had little to no problem with that you don't have a problem with Rightstuf but rather you have have crappy postmen somewhere along the line, and that Rightstuf's usually adequate packaging isn't enough to keep them from damaging your stuff. Thus, if you made them aware of this before they sent it and asked them to reinforce it then your crappy postmen would be able to play their game of hockey, or whatever they do with it, and it wouldn't damage the items inside.
manicli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:

No, what I believe is that if you're having lots of damaged items from a place that numerous other people have had little to no problem with that you don't have a problem with Rightstuf but rather you have have crappy postmen somewhere along the line, and that Rightstuf's usually adequate packaging isn't enough to keep them from damaging your stuff. Thus, if you made them aware of this before they sent it and asked them to reinforce it then your crappy postmen would be able to play their game of hockey, or whatever they do with it, and it wouldn't damage the items inside.

Yeah I figured it wasn't Right Stuf's fault since it wouldn't make sense for them to replace so many DVD cases. I suspected it was a Canada Post Employee that likes to rough up my packages. Maybe he just hates me since I order online so often and he has to deliver something to me every week so this is his only recompense Razz

Well I sent a PM to shawnek and he said he'd fix things if I do so hopefully when my September order comes in nothing will be broken Smile I've got my fingers crossed because it's over 400 dollars so quite a few things could get broken :O

Last edited by manicli on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote
The "o sleeve" for my regular edition copy of Oreimo was beat up but I don't think it was their fault. It's cool though...I don't plan on selling it.
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I once had a box set completely crushed! They handled it very well. Though I do not believe it was TRSI fault as in the past I had have broken cases from other places as well where I used to live often.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
canadian post is notorious

I live in Texas, and whenever I order items from canada they always have large holes and dents in the shipping boxes
manicli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
@jsc315

Haha actually that just happened to one of my DVD cases though it was a single. I honestly think a customs agent or a canada post employee accidently dropped my box or something because there's no way a DVD case can be that crushed from regular handling.

Last edited by manicli on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
^ Please don't quote picture posts. Just respond to the user with @ or remove the pictures. It screws the page formatting up horribly if you quote pictures
Nico87

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
Never had a problem here and I'm in Norway.

My Madoka LE Vol. 1 BD disc had a.. I dunno, not really a scratch but something that obviously happened at the factory. It looks like someone has pointed a laser or something on a certain spot on the disc. It's like a weirdly shaped dent. It just won't play on my PS3, disc can't be read.

The problem is that I had kept vols. 1 and 2 sealed while waiting for vol. 3 to get here, so obviously way past the 90-day warranty thing they have, so there was nothing they could do.
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
manicli wrote:
@jsc315

Haha actually that just happened to one of my DVD cases though it was a single. I honestly think a customs agent or a canada post employee accidently dropped my box or something because there's no way a DVD case can be that crushed from regular handling.

Even the packaging was flat as a pancake. I have worked at UPS in the past and sometimes there where houses do not take the best of care with there products and sometime will throw a very heavy object onto something that should not be there at all.

When I had received the package it was so obvious that it was crushed yet they package handler did not even bother to apologize or anything. I complained and bitched them out Smile not that it mattered. I moved about 3 months later anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:
Never had a problem here and I'm in Norway.

My Madoka LE Vol. 1 BD disc had a.. I dunno, not really a scratch but something that obviously happened at the factory. It looks like someone has pointed a laser or something on a certain spot on the disc. It's like a weirdly shaped dent. It just won't play on my PS3, disc can't be read.

The problem is that I had kept vols. 1 and 2 sealed while waiting for vol. 3 to get here, so obviously way past the 90-day warranty thing they have, so there was nothing they could do.

Situations like this are a part of why I always open and watch new stuff right away or at least open and inspect the contents before shelving stuff. The other reason being I don't want a backlog.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4