• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Reborn! Anime Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
They always backfill the older episodes. It's like that for every simulcasted show. It may take some time before you see all of the older episodes completely present, though they are still posted at a decent rate.

In this case the "decent rate", according to their latest news, is one episode a week for free members or two episodes a week for paid members. Rolling Eyes

March 20th:
Episode 125 for Anime Members
Episode 1 and 2 for free users (and Anime Members)

March 27th:
Episodes 3,4, and 126 for Anime Members
Episodes 3 and 125 for free users

April 3rd:
Episodes 5,6, and 127 for Anime Members
Episodes 4 and 126 for free users

Free members will never catch up and it'll take nearly two years for paid members to catch up with Japan. Hopefully they improve their pace.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quote
Wow that would suck. Where did you get that info from btw? I couldn't find it on CR's KHR page. I was going by the rate of backfilling Shippuuden, Gintama for example. I'm assuming at the moment that 2 a week rate for Reborn (members anyways) is the rate at which they are able to sub them currently. As for non-members.. well, I suppose if you're a Funi customer, you'd be accustomed to it Razz .. but yeah, it still sucks nonetheless.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Wow that would suck. Where did you get that info from btw? I couldn't find it on CR's KHR page.

Like I said, it was in the latest news posted on the CR front page.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I think this is the first time I've bothered to scroll down and notice the news section below the videos Embarassed
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
la_contessa wrote:
I was just saying last night that I wanted to see more of this series! I don't watch fansubs anymore, so I was patiently waiting for a license, but this will do for now--but only if we get all the old episodes as well. I don't think it's out of the question, since CR is doing it with Naruto Shippuden, but it would be a requirement if I were to watch the series.

They're starting from episode 1 as well as simul streaming the most recent episodes, so just rewatch it from ep 1 again or wait till they get up to the last episode you saw.

They're definitely planning on having all the episodes up eventually.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3