• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-03-18

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quote
Ouch! This one hits a little too close to home. Shocked

(minus the hot elf girl) Crying or Very sad
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I've also noticed women's moods change at any moment, just like at my job. One minute they'll have a smile on their face and the next is pissed off expression.

Yes, us women are so flighty and moody. And prone to such vapors, too. Must be that pesky monthly thing!

Quote:
Although I have talked to some woman anime fans before, the older one becomes, the harder it is to find topic to talk about. Not to mention to look her in the face and not anywhere else ( I always try to be polite, but being a guy, this is bound to happen.)

Have you tried talking about something... other than anime? Maybe if you were actually listening to her speak, it'd be easier to focus on her face. Then you wouldn't just have to force yourself to be polite.

Maybe that's why they look pissed, dawg.

classicalzawa wrote:
but why could he never say anything about my ... hand-eye coordination/juggling skill? I know I complained at him for this but he still didn't seem to learn...

Yeah, what's up with that? I was always so furious at my boyfriend because he didn't compliment me on my ability to speedily change the windshield wipers on my car! Or the fact that I could eat a whole Hot Pocket in 30 seconds!

Might as well say even though people will think what they will otherwise. I work in customer service and have a fair amount of interaction with people of all kinds. Besides being polite and thanking customers, its a challenge to make intelligent converstations on the spot without really thinking about it. And just to clear this up, that comment about about looking women in the eye, I always try to.

I figured that comment would at least make one person laugh and nothing more. If you don't find it funny, that is your prorogative and not mine.

Farichada: when did I ever say all women are like anime tsunderes? I said I've noticed womens moods can change at any time. Never said all. Just because there are tsunderes in anime doesn't mean there are tsunderes in real life. I am not that obsorbed into anime I forgotten the diffrences between reality and fantasy.

Also I never said women weren't intelligent and never mentioned Kannon either. I swear, do you think guys olnly watch moe shows with female characters without much intelligence?

I really wonder why people take a a little comedic joke and turn it into a bashing arguement.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

I believe in a past Chick on Anime column, Bamboo (I think it was her) mentioned how if a handsome guy asks a girl out he is seen to be cool and confident, but if a "regular" guy tries to ask a girl out he'll come across as a creep. That's purely because of looks, and not to do with behaviour.

>__< I totally didn't say that. Neither did Casey nor Sara. We had said that there was a double standard. But we didn't use the term "regular" guy as the contrast. I think I had said something about how it's unfair that two guys could approach the same girl in the same way, but that the one who was more socially acceptable (by mainstream standards) was more likely to get an excited or flattered response.
Is that PC for "real hot hunk" as opposed to "real fat bloke with glasses"?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5