• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Syoboi time

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I've encountered some bickering about it here and it causes me to realize I'm not quite sure who is right there.

I've always just gone by the date next to the first episode, without paying attention to the adjacent time. However, I would like to know if Japan functions on a day with more hours than the rest of the world because I see that all of the times are past the 24 hour mark.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Most late night anime have 24+ hours of broadcast time. Converting those 24+ hours to "real world" hours would only add more confusion thus there's no need to do so. If an official or a reputable source says it on a certain date just enter it as is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1