• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Robotech Classic Collection (original broadcast Robotech & uncut Japanese Macross)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: Amazon.com listing (DVD-R ???)

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=518
Quote:
PRESS RELEASE: ROBOTECH CLASSIC COLLECTION

Lionsgate brings back the original broadcast Robotech and uncut Japanese Macross

Street Date: 9/23/14
DVD SRP: $19.98

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Experience the power of the Robotech saga as never before when Robotech The Classic Collection - Volume 1 arrives on DVD September 23 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment exclusively through Amazon. This action-packed collection includes the landmark television version exactly as it appeared in American broadcast syndication in 1985, along with the original and uncut episodes from the Japanese series Super Dimension Fortress Macross, all on one 4-disc set for the suggested retail price of $19.98. For the first time ever, fans will be able to compare and contrast their favorite moments between the two versions.

Following the death-defying adventures of a group of heroes defending the world against a seemingly unstoppable alien invasion, Robotech The Classic Collection - Volume 1 includes U.S. and Japanese versions of all 18 original episodes of this sci-fi epic that has enthralled generations with its inspiring message of courage and hope in what is widely acclaimed as a groundbreaking series that changed the course of anime!

EPISODE INFORMATION
• Disc 1 – Robotech: Episodes 1-9 (US Version)
o Episode 1 - Booby Trap
o Episode 2 - Countdown
o Episode 3 - Space Fold
o Episode 4 - The Long Wait
o Episode 5 - Transformation
o Episode 6 - Blitzkrieg
o Episode 7 - Bye- Bye Mars
o Episode 8 - Sweet Sixteen
o Episode 9 - Miss Macross
• Disc 2 – Macross: Episodes 1-9 (Japanese Version)
o Episode 1 - Booby Trap
o Episode 2 - Countdown
o Episode 3 - Space Fold
o Episode 4 - Lynn Minmay
o Episode 5 - Transformation
o Episode 6 - Daedalus Attack
o Episode 7 - Bye-Bye Mars
o Episode 8 - Longest Birthday
o Episode 9 - Miss Macross
• Disc 3 – Robotech: Episodes 10-18 (US Version)
o Episode 10 - Blind Game
o Episode 11 - First Contact
o Episode 12 - The Big Escape
o Episode 13 - Blue Wind
o Episode 14 - Gloval's Report
o Episode 15 - Homecoming
o Episode 16 - Battle Cry
o Episode 17 - Phantasm
o Episode 18 - Farewell, Big Brother
• Disc 4 – Macross: Episodes 10-18 (Japanese Version)
o Episode 10 - Blind Game
o Episode 11 - First Contact
o Episode 12 - Big Escape
o Episode 13 - Blue Wind
o Episode 14 - Global Report
o Episode 15 - Chinatown
o Episode 16 - Kung Fu Dandy
o Episode 17 - Phantasm
o Episode 18 - Pineapple Salad

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 1985
Title Copyright: ROBOTECH® © 1985–2014 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. Robotech® and associated characters, names, and indicia are trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc. MACROSS © 1984-2014 Harmony Gold USA, Inc. & Tatsunoko Production Company, Ltd. MACROSS is a registered trademark of Harmony Gold USA Inc. The MACROSS series is distributed under license from Harmony Gold USA Inc. Cover Art and Design © 2014 A&E Television Networks, LLC. All other elements are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by LIONSGATE® for A+E Networks Consumer Products™ under license from Content Media Corp. Ltd. Lionsgate, 2700 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, California 90404. Printed in U.S.A. www.lionsgateshop.com
Type: Animation
Rating: Not Rated
Genre: Animation
Closed Captioned: English
Language: Japanese, English
Subtitles: English
Feature Run Time: 918 minutes
Format: 4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
DVD Audio: English 2.0 Dolby Digital

Last edited by WTK on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Shocked

Wasn't Macross in licensing hell because of a messy amount of legal issues over who had rights to the series franchise?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
It's in hell because Harmony Gold are not-so-nice-people who managed to trademark too many relevant things. The mess is/was Japanside, which could possibly void all their claims if somebody pushed it since the company they licensed Macross from didn't actually own the rights.
NiceAndBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Also listed as R2. I hope that's a mistake. I'd like to own the original Macross without having to track down the old Animeigo or ADV sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1