• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-03-25

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
It must be a Saturday afternoon at Waldenbooks!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote
sena_h_dei wrote:
Poor Kevin. He was off to such a promising start too. Laughing

Indeed. I felt a little bad for him, but then... it was just too funny. Anime hyper
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
atlanime wrote:
It must be a Saturday afternoon at Waldenbooks!

I rarely see manga cows in mine.

The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
I've never seen a manga cow at any bookstore I've gone to, but if I did find one sleeping in the aisle, I'd probably kick them out of the way. Steel-toe boots oughta wake 'em up.

For those that live in Texas. Try wearing spurs! I think you can get away with it down there. Very Happy
RenTers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Don't be yourself Kevin.

In fact, don't even believe in yourself.

Believe in me who believes in you!
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote
There's nothing worse than mistaking someone for a fellow geek. At my old internship, there was this girl with an awesome Green Lantern figure on her desk, so one day I was like "I love Green Lantern" and she was all "Oh, someone just found that and put it there. I don't know what it is." Then I was all Embarassed and skedaddled on outta there.

Wait...there is something worse than mistaking someone for a fellow geek: sleeping manga cows! I encountered one at B&N once. He was reading an American comic book, by which I mean...using it as a pillow. And this wasn't a teen, either. They guy had to be in his late 20's.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ah, reminds me of any love interests I might have tried to pursue. The only one that really started was one where I was pursued, and even then it didn't work out.
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen someone actually sleeping in the manga aisle, but there's always a few people strategically camped out in front of whatever I came in there to look at... always!

Poor Kevin. At least he tried, which leaves him better off than 90% of anime fans...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Poor guy, he needs to tone down the explanations Anime hyper
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Let this be a lesson to us all! Don't be yourself, be what other people think are cool, and after you've completely sold yourself out to get what you want, the ladies will come beat a path to your door!

In all seriousness, that's probably how 90% of anime fans imagine conversations with outside the fanbase would be like so they've already written it off. But in order to get what you want, you have to bleed a little.
sashaisme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Poor Kevin.
Lunarose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me when I tried getting some other kids into manga that I just met. Laughing I feel your pain, Kevin.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quote
In the beginning, I wasn't really sure what homesauce was doing on the floor there, but LOL. And poor Kevin, swept away in the waves of enthusiasm and romance.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote
joelgundam00 wrote:
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
I've never seen a manga cow at any bookstore I've gone to, but if I did find one sleeping in the aisle, I'd probably kick them out of the way. Steel-toe boots oughta wake 'em up.

For those that live in Texas. Try wearing spurs! I think you can get away with it down there. Very Happy

actually, even in Texas, wearing spurs is considered kinda weird and raises some eyebrows.

anyway.

aw poor Kevin Anime hyper atleast he tried. I love the expressions he uses. It's like you can feel his pain. Anime hyper
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
There's nothing worse than mistaking someone for a fellow geek. At my old internship, there was this girl with an awesome Green Lantern figure on her desk, so one day I was like "I love Green Lantern" and she was all "Oh, someone just found that and put it there. I don't know what it is." Then I was all Embarassed and skedaddled on outta there.

Dude! Why didn't you aks if you could have it? I totally would've tried to mooch it (but for my brother, he's a diehard GL nut.)

Easier way, Kev: pick a couple good gateway shoujo, reccomend titled without any anime info attached... let 'em get hooked before the lecture. Very Happy

Second note: if you meet a female fan, ask THEM for reccomendations. It's less intimidating and lets us show off our otaku pride a lil'.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Poor Kevin. He went way off the deep end, trying to explain manga to someone who is unfamiliar with it. Don't do it. People will actually walk away.
That last panel was funny with the manga cow waking up. Seriously, the staff at bookstores should get after them. It's very rude to block the books, especially if you are sleeping infront of them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7