• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawfulhasfury

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Whoa whoa whoa. Dante cameo? What episode and where?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Twelve minutes into episode 58, there's an elderly couple talking about the trouble in Central. Look very closely at the old lady...
B.K.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
Looks like Bones has added a 64th episode to the series.

http://imgur.com/ddkwf.jpg
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
61 - Well, that's disappointing.

spoiler[I was sure that "God-Father" will have the seiyū of the young Hohenheim (From episode 40).

I thought it will make more sense that way.

I don't think that "Father"'s usual seiyū fit "God-Father". He sound too old.
And it also mean that Aaron Dismuke will have one single appearance (In episode 40, again). I was really looking forward to see Aaron as the main villain Confused
Oh well Sad]
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote
one of the best anime series in recent years.
Ranma87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
I've been following the adult swim broadcast, episode 19 airs today.
drdr48

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote
62 - Oh, brother.
Over-dramatic, much?
I felt like i was watching freaking Naruto! Confused
Fawfulhasfury

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote
You're watching FMA and you're complaining about drama?

...okay..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
drdr48

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Fawfulhasfury wrote:
You're watching FMA and you're complaining about drama?

...okay..

Cheesy, cheesy.. That's the word i was looking for.. Confused
kpk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
And... It's over!

Crying or Very sad

Any thoughts on the final episode?
Blarmb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
It was certainly a tidy ending.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
So wait, Philosophers' Stones can be used to repair that which was taken by Truth? Um, no they can't; Hohenheim specifically said so when he somewhat healed Izumi.

See, flaws like this repeatedly happening is why I didn't really like this series.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So wait, Philosophers' Stones can be used to repair that which was taken by Truth? Um, no they can't; Hohenheim specifically said so when he somewhat healed Izumi.

See, flaws like this repeatedly happening is why I didn't really like this series.

I believe the reasoning goes that Roy can get his vision back because they weren't taken fairly. He never committed the taboo, it was committed for him by the homunculi. Of course, with that reasoning, it shouldn't be possible to force a human transmutation, but fine, whatever. I would have been fine with a blind Roy, because I think somehow he would have been able to do fine even blind, eventually. But I guess status quo is king.

I actually really like the ending, though. After all their struggling and suffering, it puts a smile on my face to see that it all came to something, that they got a happy ending they earned. I think my favorite part is Edward and Alphonse standing up on the roof looking over Risembool and realizing how vast the world is, which leads them to their separate journeys.

The one thing that bothered me is Selim, though. I mean, the radio announcer in the previous episode announced that Selim had died in the conflict, but now Mrs. Bradley has a child that looks just like Selim, albeit younger, has his same voice, and his name. What if people were to see him? Wouldn't they get suspicious? Not to mention, Pride does not deserve a happy ending at all, and it felt artificial that they were setting one up for him when he was in the giant mound earlier on with Alphonse. Pride was the biggest douche of all the homunculi.

I did like Edward's last lines, as corny as they were, about a fullmetal heart, and how he was on a train saying them, like the last words in the first series.

It was surprising to hear the second opening as the last song, instead of the first. I think I liked the first better and would have preferred it.

But, anyway, it was a good ending, and a great show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
I loved this episode, and I was surprised they used "Hologram" for the end credits. That was one of my favorite opening songs.

Oh, and this is brilliant:
spoiler["There is not point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People can't gain anything without sacrificing something after all. But once you've successfully endured that pain, you will gain a heart that is stout enough not to be overcome by anything, Yeah, a heart made of Fullmetal."] - Edward Elric
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay, if "The Truth" isn't God, then what's the deal with "The Tree of Life" on the gate?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 63 of 64