• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - A Brewer's Dozen

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

ok oh GREAT HONORABLE MASTER teach me what these standards are.

If its okay in Shonen Jump shows like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Hunter x Hunter, its okay for kids. Because those are explicitly aimed at kids!

I would agree with that but I would say kids and teens, but I was talking about content not the obvious IT'S in SHONEN JUMP you [insult removed]

notazaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
sure because you know for a fact what the japanese standards are. and have the only correct definition for what is a kid show I forgot you are all the all knowing anime fan

Putting aside what is or isn’t meant “for kids” for a moment, the target audiences for shows like HxH, Conan, One Piece, etc. clearly skew younger than those for your average late night anime. Maybe HxH, Bleach, OP, etc. aren’t “kiddie shows” and do appeal to older audiences but they are intended for a younger audience than a show like say Freezing is intended for. The difference in content makes that very clear.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
> this thread

> so awesome
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I would agree with that but I would say kids and teens, but I was talking about content not the obvious IT'S in SHONEN JUMP you [insult removed]

Err....you know what Shonen Jump is, right?

when I said teens I was thinking of young teens (aka less then 15)
do you know what shonen sunday is or how about Gangan Joker, how about Hana to Yume or Cookie

and I am not really frustrated I just someone to finally put fence in their place.

Last edited by Tanteikingdomkey on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
shabaz92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
So I don't stray too far from what I think the original topic was, I agree that Kokoro Connect and Tari Tari have been the two shining beacons of hope this summer. SAO has been decent been hasn't yet lived up to the hype. Still with another 15 or 20 something episodes I'm not worried that it won't get better.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
just like the 13 year old kid who puts your mom jokes at the end of anything he can.
Yo Mama so fat when she went to the movies she sat next to everyone
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 pm Reply with quote
shabaz92 wrote:
So I don't stray too far from what I think the original topic was, I agree that Kokoro Connect and Tari Tari have been the two shining beacons of hope this summer. SAO has been decent been hasn't yet lived up to the hype. Still with another 15 or 20 something episodes I'm not worried that it won't get better.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
just like the 13 year old kid who puts your mom jokes at the end of anything he can.

I love your sanka rea avatar what episode is that from
shabaz92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
shabaz92 wrote:

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I'm actually not sure, I pulled it from a separate forum. But I think most of the art in Sankarea is great!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
shabaz92 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
shabaz92 wrote:

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

I'm actually not sure, I pulled it from a separate forum. But I think most of the art in Sankarea is great!

I would assume it would have to be episodes 1-3 due to her skin tone and the background being an afternoon day
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Is every talkback thread that's has to do with The Stream going to be like this from now on? Because it didn't start out this ridiculous.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Is every talkback thread that's has to do with The Stream going to be like this from now on? Because it didn't start out this ridiculous.

that's true but fewer to no polarizing shows at that time.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I can't wait for Sword Art Online to end so that there'll be a faint hope that the talkback forum will become bearable.

The things that people get prickly about...

I hope it never ends. These threads have been hilarious! Laughing
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I've looked back through just the last two pages of this thread (in response to a lodged complaint) and I am floored by the childishness of some of these exchanges.

Actually, I guess I shouldn't be, given some of the people involved, but that's beside the point.

Drop this whole "for kids" "debate." It's just one step away from degenerating into full-scale name-calling.

Last edited by Key on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I've looked back through just the last two pages of this thread (in response to a lodged complaint) and I am floored by the childishness of some of these exchange.

Actually, I guess I shouldn't be, given some of the people involved, but that's beside the point.

Drop this whole "for kids" "debate." It's just one step away from degenerating into full-scale name-calling.

sorry, I would like to say that the insult was aimed at me and that I was talking as if I was someone talking to me.
also I forgot the no in my post about beast player erin (which is a kids show and one of my favorite series) among others.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
So this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

They destroy each other? But they're still here. Sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Do I care they're for kids? No, I still enjoy them (Despite being 18), so why should it matter?

I'm 30 and I [expletive] watch Precure.

Laughing

But yeah, this thread really needs to die. I hear my brain cells shrieking in agony simply by opening it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 21