• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars HD Teaser Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plastique

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote
Looks good. All I had to read was the director of Girl Who Leapt Through Time and the character designer of FLCL and I'm in.
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this one. I liked the part of The Girl who Leapt Through Time that I saw and saw the 6th One Piece movie when I was in Japan.

I keep hoping Hosoda's success will allow a US uncut release of the first 2 Digimon movies, maybe on the same DVD? Especially since the first one looks so cute.

I keep wondering why they cast teen voices who are slightly younger than the characters though. TokiKake had a 16-year-old playing a 17-year-old (English version had a 15-year-old) and Summer Wars had 15 and 16-year-olds voicing the 17 and 18-year-old protagonists. In addition, the currently 19 voice of Makoto is voicing a 38-year-old in Summer Wars. 0_0
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I'm so in. I love this director. It kind of reminds me of that Digimon movie he did, with that white world with orange outlines (he also did it in Girl Who Leapt Through Time). He also made the best One Piece movie ever. I'm looking forward to this.

Absolute truth.

Really feels like Hosoda is doing a retake on his second Digimon film. I'm also reminded of the countryside and indoor settings he used in that film. Really can't wait.

Gatsu wrote:
Wow, I hate to say it, but Satoshi Kon might have some competition.

I take it you weren't familiar with Hosoda until The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I was, but Digimon blows.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I was, but Digimon blows.

Those two Hosoda movies are awesome. I don't know what you're on.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
I, like many others, was blown away by the 6th One Piece movie, and I've been hooked on Hosoda ever since. I too was surprised that he did the Digimon movies, I saw them edited together for the US before and rather liked it. Later saw the two original movies, and liked it. I really love his style. His movies have some BEAUTIFUL visuals, even for someone who hates Digimon, they would have to admit there's some slick scenes of animation in there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2