• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Announce The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Series Remaste

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait, the "Ultra" version had the series on four discs, but the remastered version is on five. Doesn't that mean there won't be room inside the Ultra version packaging for the new discs?

That'd be pretty annoying. Am I overlooking something?
babbo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Wait, the "Ultra" version had the series on four discs, but the remastered version is on five. Doesn't that mean there won't be room inside the Ultra version packaging for the new discs?

That'd be pretty annoying. Am I overlooking something?
The new version is a thinpak release

EDIT: oop. Was assuming the le wasn't a think pack. was it? It had space for the the soundtrack and the novella in it too thoug didn't it? Not like you have to keep those in there.

ann article wrote:
THE IRRESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN TYLOR TV Series Remastered DVD Collection will be released on May 26, 2009.

The new, thinpak-style box set will include the entire 26-episode television series and feature remastered video footage from the Japanese DVD release, as well as “soft” subtitles. This release also marks the first time the series will be available to North American audiences with the original Japanese eye-catches, openings and closings and without digital overlays for signs and other on-screen text.

Last edited by babbo on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 am Reply with quote
That doesn't answer Fronzel's question at all. If you mail TRSI 4 disks they will mail you back 5 discs. Now you'll have 5 discs and 4 cases to hold them in.
babbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
That doesn't answer Fronzel's question at all. If you mail TRSI 4 disks they will mail you back 5 discs. Now you'll have 5 discs and 4 cases to hold them in.
Pretty sure by packaging they mean the box >.>
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
Article wrote:
Please note: A chart detailing the differences between the discs and releases can also be found on www.tylor.com. This trade-in program is for the discs only. Fans who participate in this program will keep their “Ultra Edition” packaging and extras, and they will receive the five new discs ONLY – no new packaging – as part of this offer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1