• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JAM Project's Yoshiki Fukuyama Reports Steady Recovery

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
good news Cool
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I should point out that while yes Fukuyama was the singing voice for Basara Humming Bird was the actual music for Fire Bomber
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
If anything he's more Basara than the guy who played his speaking voice...

OTOH, I always thought Mylene's singing voice was kind of crappy. Even though her speaking voice is a pretty good singer.

And speaking of singing voices, I came within spitting distance of May'n a few weeks ago. Hahaha. I didn't even realize it was her until she started singing.
darcerin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote
Hooray! Glad he's recovering!
Tochiro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
I should point out that while yes Fukuyama was the singing voice for Basara Humming Bird was the actual music for Fire Bomber

Well, you are half right, actually. Fukuyama wrote the majority of songs for the series in a really short period of time (as in, a week or two). Since the schedule was so tight, he repurposed a couple of Hummingbird songs (Mada maniau sa became Power to the Dream, etc) and also brought a couple of hummingbird songs back for the VF-X games on the PS1.
The majority of songs however were ones he wrote specifically for Macross 7. As for who the band in those songs was, its unknown because they are uncredited. Since they dont particularly sound like Hummingbird though, the most common theoary is that they were most likely just hired session musicians.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1