• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Production I.G Cancels Project Due to Nonpayment

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

-Massive Nichijou failure previous to Hyouka --> you think Kyoani did not want a huge hit after that?

Considering that the K-ON movie made ~20 million USD at the box office in Japan and sold ~160k copies on BD/DVD, I'd say that's the hit that KyoAni wanted.

Exactly if not for K-ON Kyonai very well be in trouble now, whats next after K-ON? They came up with Nichijou and then Hyouka...this is why some like me say Kyoanis image of guaranteed success has kinda broke during the last couple years.

Lets see what its next series say. For me they can keep making more K-ON thou, I welcome it Very Happy It may seem I dislike or hate them but no, I love some of its series, K-ON, FMP mainly.

I'm expecting Chuun to be quite a big hit for them. Its going back to what made them successful: Focusing on promoting moeblobs. That girl in it will likely make merchandise fly off the shelves. She has nearly every popular fetish design all rolled into one.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

-Massive Nichijou failure previous to Hyouka --> you think Kyoani did not want a huge hit after that?

Out of curiosity (Kininarimasu!), do you happen to know the compositions of the Nichijou, K-On and Hyouka Production committees, and what, if any, members they have in common other than KyoAni itself?

Because this is a fairly important point that people tend to blithely ignore in attempts to make broad generalizations about animation studios.

And as was mentioned, the Hyouka novel sales have gone through the roof, and since Kadokawa is a major part of the Hyouka production committee, and the publisher of the novels, that would be a major offsetting factor if the discs sales are lower than they expected. Of course, we have no idea what sort of disc sales they were expecting...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5