• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-17]

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
That Answerfan response was so great. "Sincerely, Bite Me" Very Happy
GwennBlackfeather

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to have you back for a bit, Answerman of Old - if for nothing else than a bunny pic! Wheee!!
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Dear Zac,

Brian is awesome and all, but I really missed you. Thanks for doing the column again, even if it is just for this week.

Sincerely, Your Biggest Fan
Ninny
giascle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, Akemi Loli Mokoto is My Real Whole Name(It was Legally Changed this year).

I was rather unaffected until this line. Then my eye twitched a bit.
Sentire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I figured I'd come back and abuse y'all a little. Hopefully I'm not too rusty at this.

You? Rusty with abuse? I think not. Nice column... I've been missing my weekly flogging. You were right about the "Flake of the Week". It gave me a good chuckle. Oh, and thanks for the bunny pic!
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh damn, anyone else crazy enough to check out the "lolicon" link? That was some incredibly emo stuff written there, but not sure whether to take it seriously or not. Shocked
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I know that Zac dislikes Asura Cryin', but I don't know how anyone could think that it's worse than Queen's Blade. About all that Queen's Blade has going for it is a lot of nudity (if you're looking for that sort of thing, that is).

Personally, I think that Asura Cryin' is great and is getting a bit of a bad rap, but it certainly does have its issues. It certainly doesn't surprise me all that much that Zac doesn't like it, but to say that it's worse than Queen's Blade. Ouch.

Of course, going by his reviews of the two, saying that Asura Cryin' is worse would imply that an emoticon banging its head on a brick wall is worse that an emoticon shooting itself in the head...

In any case, I think that Asura Cryin' is decent and while I can understand if someone doesn't like it, I find it a bit odd to say that it's worse than Queen's Blade. I thought that Queen's Blade was more or less being universally panned as the worst anime this season and whose only good attributes were a lot of nudity and the fact that it was so bad it was funny.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Sentire wrote:
Zac wrote:
I figured I'd come back and abuse y'all a little. Hopefully I'm not too rusty at this.

You? Rusty with abuse? I think not. Nice column... I've been missing my weekly flogging. You were right about the "Flake of the Week". It gave me a good chuckle. Oh, and thanks for the bunny pic!

I don't even know how he could think such a thing.

Oh and a cookie for me because I guessed answerman for this week would be Zac. Good column as usual too
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Flake-of-the-Week can't be from this country -- he can't be. If he is, someone should find his English teacher, drag him/her into the street and give him/her a severe beating. I swear someone set a rabid gerbil loose inside my skull whilst reading that trash.

I also liked the non-QotW. Nice siggy.
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quote
"Occupation: Lolitology" (from the MySpace page)

Please, please, for the love of all things good in this world, somebody prove that this was completely fabricated by someone with a lot of time on their hands. I really don't want to believe this is real.

On a lighter note, it's great to see Zac do a fill-in this week, I was starting to miss those rabbit photos!
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I realized that I missed you so much, Zac.

Anyway, Asura worse than Queens Blade. Really? I steered clear of both due to the response, but now I think I have to watch it.

That...guy. If he wanted to seem really serious he should of used spell check. Seriously, a department of lolicon? Ha!
Egret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey, Zac, good to see you again! I'm glad that Answerman's in such good hands while Brian's gone. You both are awesome.

Also, that Flake scares the freakin' daylights out of me. And he's real. I think that alone makes me die a little bit inside. I did a Google search on him and he's got like five or six different profiles on different websites...and they all seem to match up. It also says he's only like eighteen. Pervert kid. Anime cry I weep for humanity.
Beryl7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
That Answerfan response was so great. "Sincerely, Bite Me" Very Happy

Awww, I was going to say that!!! Smile
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
Egret wrote:
It also says he's only like eighteen. Pervert kid. Anime cry I weep for humanity.

I'm sure his high school is loving the mention and cross-linking. Gonna have to ask friends from the area about this.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote
waahhhh..... that flake of the week guy is scary... my avatar fears for her life. And the undoubted tentacle **pe he wishes to inflict upon her. Wahhh... what a name... Japanophiles... don't be like this guy. You can like Japan all you like as long as you don't cross the lines this guy has. Too creepy to be taken seriously.

It has been a while since I've read an answerman like this. Ah memories. Plus I was expecting "Hey B**ches I'm back!" rather then "suckers" but that might be too clique too. Anyways good stuff Lord Vader. Good stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11