• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-17]

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
HAHAHA! Guess what Lucky Star Guy, I found someone trustworthy who says Lucky Star is a Lolicon! Guess who it is! Anime News Network! Look for yourself! Lucky Star (Manga)

And while you love to wallow in your lolicon madness, as Dorcus has mentioned the issue with the themes is that people decide whether or not it goes in there. And it is very apparent that they have not properly looked up the correct definition of the word lolicon. If you have read the series yourself, then you would know that there is no sexual depictions of any characters in the series. But no, what do you do? Blindly accuse it of being something it's not, while all the while trying to prove me wrong. It's rather unfortunate that some people are going to think that way, so we will have to push for reform on that. In the meantime, say all you want. The fact of the matter is the only way to prove it is to read it. If you don't have that clear definition yourself, then why are you even associating yourself with the terminology?
NanayaDestruct

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:36 am Reply with quote
I'd just like to try and clear up that this Akemi posting is in fact the real thing from the Flake of the Week. I know that you don't have to believe me, but I am directly involved with his arrival here (although it would have happened without me later on, I'm sure. I just made it come faster).

See, after reading the Flake and all of the comments that were being made here, I felt the need to contact him. So I sent a message to his myspace profile. You see, I'm into (or am a, depending on your use of the term) a lolicon as well. As one, I couldn't help but agree with some of what he was saying, and I saw some potential in the idea of a movement like this.

The only problem is that while I do agree with him and his stance, I completely disagree with the way he goes about it. From how he presents himself and his organization to how some of what he says is clearly a lie.

Sorry Akemi, but I really don't believe some of the things you say.

Anyway, I know that people probably are not going to believe that I am anyone but the Akemi posting here to try and make it seem like I/We are not a troll. But I'm really not. Not that it matters to me anyway.

But back to the point, at the time of me contacting him he was unaware that ANN had posted his email. After I informed him of such is exactly when this Akemi started posting here. So, it really is the real thing.

I'm not going to apologize for it either and as long as he follows the forum rules, you guys have no reason/right to try and make him leave or kick him off. By posting his email, you pretty much invited this upon yourself. Blame Zac if you want to blame someone. The man does have the right to defend himself.

However, with that out of the way I will start posting here in defense of lolicon as well. It's really disappointing that even here people can't comprehend that others have different tastes than some. While I can't say anything about Akemi's (COUGHlieCOUGH statement on having a relationship with a 14 year old girl. If it is true, he can be put in jail. But the majority of people who are into lolicon would not go out there and do anything with a real child. Sometimes the attraction doesn't even carry over into the real world.

Also, since I can view things from both sides of an argument when I am in one. Back in the "olden days" (?) women were married off to have children by the age of 13, to much older men. Why do you think out bodies go through puberty? That is the age that nature decides we are ready to start having sex. The idea that such a thing is wrong is just another invention of modern society. The society that I feel is the main cause of most of the world's problems.

My view is that the world should have a complete reset. But, what do I know? That's not the point here.

The point is that sometimes people should learn to think outside the box and as long as all you are doing is enjoying some drawings, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a lolicon.

Hell, you could say that lolicon is a great thing. It's a reasonable point of view that pedophilia is a disease, no? Some people really can't help themselves. It's like being homosexual, you can't help who you find yourself attracted to. But now because of lolicon manga and anime, you have an outlet to relieve yourself without causing harm to others. If you did not have lolicon to tend to your fantasies, then there might actually be someone who would go out there and hurt a real child.

We wouldn't want a child getting hurt, right? So lolicon helps children by becoming an alternative for people with a lolita complex who doesn't want to hurt a child or someone who doesn't like real women to begin with.

That's all I have to say for now.
Thank you ever so much for listening.

Akemi, what I said before still stands.
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Im wrong, but apparently new comments insulting me and s*** has now transfered to This weeks Answer Man thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Enchantermon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, while I'm not going to really berate you for your...erm...hobby, I'm also not going to pretend like I'm not embarrassed to be literally living about ten minutes away from your general area.

First of all, if you really want this organization of yours to be taken seriously, you need to do one very important thing: grow up. It's very easy to take criticism and snarky comments and go haywire, but it's quite another to take them, realize that not everyone is going to agree with you, and get on with your life. My reaction to your e-mail and MySpace was the same as Zac's, pretty much. I didn't believe it. Even now, I'm not sure that I do. But you're sure not going to gain anyone's respect by blowing up about your e-mail being posted in the Answerman column. If you were really that upset, a calm e-mail about how you felt would have been a lot better. Heck, your second e-mail was basically asking to be posted in the next column by its tone, its rude, disrespectful language, and it's lack of grammatical correctness (although I will applaud you for being more grammatically correct than some harsh, emotive e-mails that I've seen). Please, take your own advice; try to grow out of the temper tantrums. Doing so will only work in your favor.

As far as lolicon goes, the "big deal" about exploiting girls who aren't real is that some people (not all, but some) have a tendency to carry over the fantasies they have from a fake world into the real one. Should lolicon be held responsible for this? No. It's person-specific; one person may have no problem with keeping fantasies and reality separate, while another may not. It's a limitation inside a person that he/she needs to be aware of. I would, however, be very hesitant to support something like "Anime Child Exploitation", knowing that it can lead to things like the objectification of women and the kidnapping/rape of women and girls. You even admit on the LDTF's MySpace that some sex crimes are linked to lolicon. Few, maybe. But they do exist. And in my book, one sex crime is far too many.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
In other words, we have Zac to thank for your presence here? Yep, just one more reason to hate him.

Out of this entire thread, this one reply made it worth it.

I'm still laughing over it.

Not sure what you have against Zac (and don't really care), but this little gem's a keeper.

Boy, I'm sure glad this thread exists, truthfully. It gives me a clear insight of users when one uses the word "loli" around here.

I can see why this thread was once locked, and I hope it stays open forever.

That way, when I post using the term "loli", I can point users to this thread to vent as opposed to having another locked unnecessarily.

With that, I'm bowing out now. I'll come back to read every now and then.

This is quality entertainment no amount of money can buy.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Dude we have much better loli threads then this one, you just have to look back some.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
I can see why this thread was once locked, and I hope it stays open forever.

The continuation thread in which Brian as Answerman put out the next flake was locked. If this one spins out of hand they'll pull no punches on this one either.
tyciol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
People certainly have a lot of nosy questions for the Answer Man!

Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
Lolicon started in the 70's as Magizines then manga which led to the first Lolicon Anime which was from the 80's. It was called "Lolicon Angel."

If http://myanimelist.net/anime/3649/Bishoujo_Comic_Lolicon_Angel:_Mitsu_no_Aji is the first ever, that means there was absolutely nothing from 1984 and earlier? Skeptical of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11