• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Court Rules for Konami over Yu-Gi-Oh! in Europe, Oceania, L. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:51 am Reply with quote
People play YuGiOh in the Netherlands?! Insert pot joke about those penalty games. Rolling Eyes Oh, wait, they beat me to it. Laughing
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:05 am Reply with quote
I don't really even understand what's going on with this at this point. I wish I thought this was a totally ridiculous ruling though because then I'd be all like: "Oh come on Judge! What are you smokin'?!...oh...right. Marijuana." It would be totally hilarious. Or...you know...not.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:12 am Reply with quote
And now we can get broken english cards too. Hurray!

Excuse me whilst I watch the boat sink.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote
I really think it was unnecessary for Konami to have to put Upper Deck through this. If there is a problem, identify it and fix it. Not sue and then terminate your partnership that you have had going on for the past decade. But whatever, maybe Upper Deck can find things easier to do without the burden of Konami breathing down their throats and the whole thing about the Yugioh TCG. If anything comes up and people complain about the game, then Konami is on its own to receive the blame.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Konami wants complete control of their property and the profits. It was worth it imo.

Upper Deck should have just settled instead of going thru a litigation process that gave them a black eye.
babbo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused, didn't Konami win a the decision of a preliminary injunction? Like they said in the article, the actual case in california is still being litigated. Everywhere I look people seem to think that Konami has already won, when in fact all they have right now is the right to distribute during the course of the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1